Draft Planning Agreement - Maintenance of an On-Site Detention (OSD) Basin for Development of Land at Marion Street Thirlmere
Closes: 07/07/2017 4:00pm
Wollondilly Shire Council and the applicants for the development of land at Marion St Thirlmere have negotiated a Draft Planning Agreement.
The Draft Planning Agreement has been prepared under Section 93F of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. It applies to land at Nos 20,30,40,60-61B Marion St Thirlmere. It is associated with the future development of the above land for residential development and which requires (inter alia) the developer to construct an OSD basin to provide for the drainage requirements of the development. The Draft Planning Agreement provides for the following:
- The developer will dedicate the OSD basin and land on which it is built to Council;
- Following its dedication, Council will be responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of the OSD basin;
- The developer will pay Council a contribution in the amount of $207,550 to be used by Council for the maintenance of the basin;
A Draft Explanatory Note has also been prepared in accordance with the Act to facilitate better understanding of the Draft Planning Agreement.
Council now seeks public comment on the Draft Planning Agreement and Explanatory Note which will be on public exhibition from Wednesday 7 June 2017 until Friday 7 July 2017 at the following locations:
- Council’s website at www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au
- Council’s Administration Building, 62-64 Menangle Street Picton (between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday);
- Wollondilly Library, 42 Menangle Street, Picton between 9:30am and 5pm Monday to Wednesday & Friday, 9:30am to 6pm Thursdays and 9am to 12pm on Saturdays
Submissions must be in writing and must be received no later than 4pm on Friday 7 July and should quote reference number TRIM 8913. Submissions can be submitted by:
The General Manager
c/- Growth Management
Wollondilly Shire Council
PO Box 21
Picton NSW 2571
Queries on the Draft Planning Agreement may be addressed to Wollondilly Council’s Development Contributions Planning Coordinator, Martin Beveridge on 4677 9720.
Under S147 of the EP& A Act, any person making a submission is required to disclose reportable political donations and gifts ($1000 or more) made to any local Councillor or Staff Member within 2 years of making of the submission. If the application or gift is made after the submission, a disclosure must be made within 7 days of that donation or gift having been made. Details of information required in the disclosure can be found on our website underImportant Notice - Development Proposals and Donations or Gifts.
Any submission you make is open to public scrutiny. Council is required to release written comments or submissions under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 [GIPAA]. The Act imposes obligations on us to place submissions on Council’s website and submissions may be used in Council reports or court proceedings. In this regard, your comments should be restricted to the proposed development.