Audit Risk Improvement Committee (ARIC) - Seeking Independent Representatives
Closes: 30/08/2019 4:00pm
Wollondilly Shire Council is seeking expressions of interest from members of the public with appropriate legal or financial skills and experience in business, governance, accounting or management to serve as an independent member of Council’s ARIC. We are seeking to fill one position on the ARIC.
The ARIC will provide Council with independent assurance and assistance in the areas of risk, control, improvement, governance and external accountability. Members chosen to serve on the Committee will exhibit an independence of mind in their deliberations and not act as a representative of a particular area of the community or Council, or with conflicts of interest. Meeting preparation and attendance at four scheduled meetings is required each year. A standard fee is paid for attendance.
Expressions of interest can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or addressed to the Chief Executive Officer quoting “ARIC – Independent Member”. You should respond to each of the following key selection criteria and include a resume with details of relevant experience, professional qualifications, names and phone numbers of two referees who may be contacted.
Key Selection Criteria
- Independence and objectivity
- Demonstrated management or professional experience
- Understanding of the role of audit, both internal and external
- Understanding of enterprise risk management
- Familiarity with corporate governance
- Ability to bring enhanced practice knowledge, value adds to Council through the application of analytical and strategic management skills
- Experience in dealing with government organisations and departments
- Knowledge of local government
For further information regarding the position or a copy of the Committee Charter, please phone Councils Principal Corporate Governance Officer on 4677 9507.
Expressions of interest should be received by 4pm on Friday 30 August 2019.