DRAFT PLANNING AGREEMENT Land at 790 Montpelier Drive The Oaks
Closes: 09/03/2018 5:00pm
Wollondilly Shire Council and Cove Residential Pty Ltd have negotiated a Draft Planning Agreement for land at 790 Montpelier Dr the Oaks.
The Draft Planning Agreement has been prepared under Section 93F of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, and was prepared in association with a development application (DA) for the development of the site into 73 residential lots. Consent to this DA has been granted by the Land and Environment Court. The Draft Planning Agreement has been prepared in accordance with a “Letter of Offer” submitted by the applicant, and which was included in the development consent.
The Draft Planning Agreement provides for the following:
• Dedication to Council of approximately 1.5 hectares of land for uses as a public recreation area and which is valued at approximately $945,000. This land will also include some stormwater management structures that will be dedicated to Council;
• The embellishment of the recreational land through planting, a playground, pathways, seating and the like to a value of $320,000;
• Payment to Council of a maintenance contribution of approximately $550,000 to pay for the long term maintenance of the stormwater management structures;
• An offset of the Section 94 Contributions that would be payable for the development and which would amount to approximately $900,000.
Where to view the documents
The Draft Planning Agreement, Letter of Offer, Explanatory Note and Development Application are being exhibited for public comment between Wednesday 7th February 2018 until Friday 9th March 2018 at the following locations:
• Council’s Administration Building, 62-64 Menangle Street Picton (between 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday to Friday);
• Wollondilly Library located at 42 Menangle St Picton (between 9.30am – 5pm Monday to Friday and 9.00am – 12 noon on Saturday).
Submissions on the Draft Planning Agreement are now invited. Submissions must be in writing and must be received no later than 5pm on 9th March 2018 and should quote reference number TRIM 9745. They can be submitted by:
• Post: marked to The General Manager, c/- Sustainable Growth, Wollondilly Shire Council, PO Box 21, Picton NSW 2571
• Email: email@example.com
Please note that as the DA has already been determined by the Land and Environment Court it is only possible to receive comments on the Draft Planning Agreement. Queries on the Draft Planning Agreement may be addressed to Council’s Development Contributions Planning Coordinator on 4677 9720
(Under section 147 of the Environmental Planning & Assessment Act, any person making a submission is required to disclose reportable political donations and gifts ($1000 or more) made to any local councillor or staff member within 2 years of making of the submission. If the application or gift is made after the submission, a disclosure must be made within 7 days of that donation or gift having been made. Details of information required in the disclosure can be found on Council’s website at: http://www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au/files/21608/File/DisclosureofPoliticalDonations.pdf
Any submission you make is open to public scrutiny. Council is required to release written comments or submissions under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 [GIPAA]. The Act imposes obligations on us to place submissions on Council’s website and submissions may be used in Council reports or court proceedings. In this regard, your comments should be restricted to the proposed development.