North Silverdale Commercial, Residential and Environmental Lands
Closes: 27/09/2017 4:00pm
Council invites your comments on a planning proposal to rezone rural land at Silverdale. The proposal is on public exhibition for 28 days from Wednesday 30th August 2017. The community can comment on the planning proposal by making a written submission by 4pm on Wednesday 27th September 2017
Location of Proposal
The Proposal relates to Lot 122 DP 747833 (No. 2250 Silverdale Road, Silverdale), Lot 121 DP 747833 (No. 2260 Silverdale Road, Silverdale), Lot 11 DP 38123 (No. 2280 Silverdale Road, Silverdale), Lot 10 DP 38123 (No. 2300 Silverdale Road, Silverdale), Lot 200 DP 1092447 (No. 2316 Silverdale Road, Silverdale), Lot 199 DP 1092447 (No. 2320 Silverdale Road, Silverdale), Lot 2 DP 519533 (No. 2324 Silverdale Road, Silverdale), Lot 7 DP 38123 (No. 2330 Silverdale Road, Silverdale), Lot A DP 161634 (No. 2340 Silverdale Road, Silverdale), Lot 6 DP 1086326 (No. 2350 Silverdale Road, Silverdale).
Objective of Planning Proposal
The Planning Proposal seeks to amend Wollondilly Local Environmental Plan (WLEP) 2011, which is principal legislation that controls development and planning decisions for the Wollondilly Local Government Area. This amendment seeks to change the land use zoning from B1 Neighbourhood Centre and RU2 Rural Landscape to R2 Low Density Residential, R3 Medium Density Residential, B2 Local Centre, B4 Mixed Use Development and E3 Environmental Management. The proposal also intends to amend minimum lot sizes, maximum building heights and identify significant biodiversity land across the site.
The intent of the Planning Proposal is to enable the extension of the existing commercial centre and car parking and enable the development of approximately 350 - 400 residential lots on the site.
Proposed Amendments to Wollondilly Local Environmental Plan 2011
The planning proposal seeks to amend the Wollondilly Local Environmental Plan 2011 in the following manner:
• Amend the land use zoning map from B1 Neighbourhood Centre and RU2 Rural Landscape zone to R2 Low Density Residential, R3 Medium Density Residential, B2 Local Centre, B4 Mixed Use and E3 Environmental Management zone.
• Amend the minimum lot size map to provide the following minimum lot sizes:
• 700 square metres to the part of the site proposed to be zoned R2 Low Density Residential;
• 975 Square metres to the part of the site proposed to be zoned R3 Medium Density Residential;
• 1250 square metres to the part of the site proposed to be zoned B4 Mixed Use Development;
• No minimum lot size for the part of the site proposed to be zoned B2 Local Centre and E3 Environmental Management.
• Amend the Height of Building Map to a maximum building height category of 11 metres to the proposed B2 zoned part of the site and 9 metres to the remainder of the site;
• Include certain land on the Natural Resources Biodiversity Maps under WLEP 2011;
• Include the site on the LEP Urban Release Area maps;
• Include part of the site within an odour buffer map (proposed residential zoned lands within 500 metres of the adjoining poultry farm) to ensure that any development of this part of the site is subject to specific amenity criteria (if the existing poultry farm is still in operation).
Where can I view the documents?
The Planning Proposal can be downloaded below.
Alternatively, you can view the documents from Wednesday 30th August, 2017 to Wednesday 27th September, 2017 at:
• Council’s Customer Service Centre at 62 Menangle Street, Picton between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday; or
• Wollondilly Library (from Monday 8 August 2016), 42 Menangle Street, Picton between 9:30am and 5pm Mon to Wednesday and Friday, 9:30am and 6pm Thursday and 9am and 12pm Saturday; or
• The Silverdale Post Office, No. 2320 Silverdale Road, Silverdale between the hours of 8:30am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday and between 8:30am and 12:00pm on Saturdays.
• Warragamba Neighbourhood Centre at the corner of Weir Road and Fourteenth Street, Warragamba.
Have your say
You can comment on the planning proposal by making a written submission by no later than 4:00pm on Wednesday 27th September, 2017.
Written submissions should be addressed to the General Manager and quote reference number TRIM 6454 and may be submitted:
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By Post: General Manager
c/- Strategic Planning
Wollondilly Shire Council
PO Box 21
PICTON NSW 2571
In person: Hand delivered to Council’s offices at 62-64 Menangle Street, Picton
A note about privacy
Any submission you make is open to public scrutiny. Council is required to release written comments or submissions under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 [GIPAA]. The Act imposes obligations on us to place submissions on Council’s website and submissions may be used in Council reports or court proceedings. In this regard, your comments should be restricted to the proposed development.
Contact Mark Ruddiman from Council’s Strategic Planning team on (02) 4677 1100 between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm Monday to Friday or alternatively via email at email@example.com
The Minister for Planning has delegated the making of this plan to Wollondilly Shire Council.