Picton East Planning Proposal
Closes: 10/10/2018 5:00pm
Council invites your comments on a planning proposal submitted to Council to rezone land from its current rural land use zone to residential and environmental conservation zones. The planning proposal will allow for approximately 250 future dwellings.
Rezoning the land would require amendments to the Wollondilly Local Environmental Plan 2011 (WLEP), which is the principal legislation that controls development and land use for the Wollondilly Shire local government area.
Location of Proposal
The Picton East Planning Proposal site comprises an area of approximately 28 hectares in three properties located immediately east of Picton Town Centre being part 1735 Remembrance Drive (Part Lot 106 DP 1111043), part 108-114 Menangle Street (Part Lot 2 DP 229679) and 116-118 Menangle Street (Lot 9 DP 233840).
Objective of Planning Proposal
The planning proposal seeks to amend the Wollondilly Local Environmental Plan 2011 by:
• changing the current rural zone (RU2 Rural Landscape) to a residential zone (R2 Low Density Residential) and environmental zones (E4 Environmental Living and E2 Environmental Conservation),
• changing the minimum lot size for subdivision from 100ha to 400m2, 450m2, 700m2, 1500m2 for residential and environmental living purposes, 7 ha for environmental conservation ; and 20 ha and 40 ha for residue rural land,
• introducing a maximum height for buildings of 9 metres.
Where can I view the documents?
A number of documents have been submitted to support the planning proposal and these can be downloaded below.
Alternatively, you can view the documents from 12 September 2018 at:
• Council’s Customer Service Centre at 62 Menangle Street, Picton between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday (public holidays excluded) or
• Council’s Library at 42 Menangle Street, Picton between Monday to Friday 9.30am - 5.00pm (till 6.00pm on Thursday) and Saturday 9.00am - 12.00pm (public holidays excluded)
If you are using a dial-up internet connection you may experience interruptions whilst downloading the attached files. Before you start to download, please check that your internet connection is stable and you are not experiencing any technical difficulties.
Have your say
You can comment on the draft planning proposal by making a written submission by 5:00pm on Wednesday 10 October 2018.
Written submissions should be addressed to the General Manager and quote reference number TRIM 6842 and may be submitted:
By Email: email@example.com
By Post: General Manager
c/- Strategic Planning
Wollondilly Shire Council
PO Box 21
PICTON NSW 2571
By Facsimile: (02) 4677 2339
In Person: Hand delivered to Council’s offices at 62-64 Menangle Street, Picton
A note about privacy
Any submission you make is open to public scrutiny. Council is required to release written comments or submissions under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 [GIPAA]. The Act imposes obligations on us to place submissions on Council’s website and submissions may be used in Council reports or court proceedings. In this regard, your comments should be restricted to the proposed development.
Enquiries regarding this Planning Proposal should be directed to Mark Ruddiman in Council’s Strategic Planning Team on 4677 1100.