Planning Agreement - 55 Menangle Street Picton
Closes: 08/09/2017 4:00pm
Wollondilly Shire Council and JT Consulting Services Pty Ltd have negotiated a Draft Planning Agreement in association with a Development Application (DA) for land at No 55 Menangle St Picton, known as the NAB site.
The DA was refused by Council in August 2015, but consent to an amended application was granted by the Land and Environment Court in November 2016. The development consented to by the Court involves the alteration of an existing building to create:
- 5 ground level shops;
- 6 shop-top housing dwellings;
- 7 car parking spaces (this is short by 19 spaces of the 26 car parking spaces that are required;
- Landscaping of the southern area of the site;
The Draft Planning Agreement requires the developer to provide the following public benefits:
- landscaping of the southern area of the site near Argyle St, and
- a covenant providing for right of public use and access of the landscaped area in perpetuity
- roadworks to St Mary McKillop Lane beyond those required to facilitate the development, including:
- pavement reconstruction for the full length of the eastern property boundary;
- reconstruction of the entry/exit to Menangle Street (to new road standard); and
- a concrete dish drain in Menangle Street
The Planning Agreement provides for these benefits to be provided in lieu of providing 19 car parking spaces that the application is deficient in.
Council now seeks public comment on the Draft Planning Agreement, which will be on exhibition from Wednesday 9th August until Friday 8th September 2017. Some associated documentation including the Court consent is also on exhibition.
The documents can be viewed on Council’s website at www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au and at the ground floor counter at Wollondilly Council’s Administration Building, Menangle Street Picton, and at Wollondilly Library located at 42 Menangle St Picton. The documents may be inspected during the hours of 8.00am – 4.00pm Monday to Friday.
Submissions are invited to the Draft Planning Agreement during the exhibition period. The address for submissions is:
a) By Mail to:
The General Manager
Wollondilly Shire Council
PO Box 21
PICTON 2571 NSW.
b) By Email to:
TRIM Reference: 9613
Submissions must be in writing and must be received by Council by 4.00pm on 8th September 2017.
Queries on the Draft Planning Agreement may be addressed to Martin Beveridge on 4677 9720.