Expressions of Interest sought for Community Representatives on Council’s Local Planning Panel
Applications close: 04/08/2021 5:00pm
Wollondilly Shire Council is seeking community representatives to become members of its Local Planning Panel (LPP) that comprises of three independent state appointed experts and one representative from the Wollondilly community. The panel determines diverse and interesting applications for development in the Wollondilly Local Government Area. Closing date for applications is 4 August 2021.
Expressions of Interest are sought from a mix of people who live locally to join a pool of community representatives. The successful community representatives will be placed on a roster and may be required to attend approximately four meetings a year.
This is a part-time, paid role and remunerated in accordance with rates set by the NSW Government.
You will be required to address the below selection criteria in your application.
Selection Criteria – Community Representative
Local community representatives may be selected on the basis that they:
- are current residents within the Local Government Area (LGA)
- have an understanding of the LGA and issues of concern to the local community
- have the capacity to form independent views and to contribute constructively to the determination of applications
- are able to demonstrate a basic level of understanding of the planning system, i.e. knowledge of the Council’s Local Environmental Plan, Development Control Plan, Local Strategic Planning Statement or Community Strategic Plan
- are committed to:
- following the Code of Conduct for Local Planning Panel Members and the Local Planning Panels Operational Procedures
- attending local planning panel meetings and completing panel business in required timeframes.
Council will receive applications up to close of business 4 August 2021, applications can be submitted:
By Email: email@example.com
By Post: Chief Executive Officer
Wollondilly Shire Council, PO Box 21, PICTON NSW 2571