Expressions of Interest – Western City Planning Panel
Applications close: 25/10/2019 5:00pm
Wollondilly Shire Council is seeking Expressions of Interest to nominate as Council appointed members for the Western City Planning Panel (WCPP), to represent the Wollondilly Local Government Area (refer to LGA Boundary Map).
Planning Panels are independent, expert bodies introduced to strengthen decision making on regionally significant development applications and undertake rezoning reviews, as well as providing advice on planning or development matters when requested. The term of the contract is for three (3) years from date of appointment.
Panel members are appointed based on the requirements of Division 2.4, Section 2.13 of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979. Together they ensure development decisions are made on technical merits, efficiency, fairness and transparency, with the added benefit of local knowledge.
Nominated members are required to:
- Have expertise in either planning, architecture, heritage, the environment, urban design, land economics, traffic and transport, law, engineering, tourism or government and public administration;
- Have a good working knowledge of relevant state and local government legislation, including the NSW Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979; and knowledge/understanding of the planning process, including the assessment of complex developments;
- High level communication skills;
- Be able to work within a team;
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of the planning process and assessment issues;
- Be able to represent and communicate the interests of the local community;
- Commit to attending the Panel meetings and site inspections where required;
- Be able to contribute constructively to the determination of applications;
- Not be a Council Official (i.e. a Councillor or Council staff member; or a spouse, de-facto of the Councillor or Council staff member);
- Be willing to adhere to the Planning Panels Operational Guidelines and Planning Panels Code of Conduct; and
- Complete a Pecuniary Interest Form (which is available on Council's website).
It is not essential to live in the Wollondilly LGA.
Applicants are required to be aware that pursuant to Section 2.13(3) of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, those ineligible to become planning panel members (and will not be considered) include:
- a property developer within the meaning of section 53 of the Electoral Funding Act 2018, or NB: Section 53 of the Electoral Funding Act 2018 provides that property developer includes a person who is a close associate of a property developer.
- a real estate agent within the meaning of the Property, Stock and Business Agents Act 2002.
Consideration, assessment and appointment of applicants is at the sole discretion of Council.
Up to $1400 per meeting
Edith Barnes, Executive Planner on (02) 4677 9780
25 October 2019
Email to email@example.com