Applications close: 24/02/2019 5:00pm
Leadership Civil Construction Role
Wollondilly Shire Council is one of the fastest growing councils in NSW. With the new Badgery’s Creek airport only 12km’s away and with Wilton New Town set to be the eighth largest town in New South Wales, growth is key to its future. As Manager Works within the Infrastructure and Environment Directorate, you will play a key role facilitating this growth by being directly responsible for managing, delivering and reporting of asset maintenance, construction and renewal works.
Located in a unique and enviable geographical position - only 1.5 hours’ drive from Sydney CBD, 45 minutes’ drive from Liverpool and 45 minutes from Wollongong – the Manager Works role offers all the benefits of lifestyle living but with all the professional challenges of a rapidly growing peri-urban Council. This is a great opportunity to take up a leadership role and to contribute to the forward planning and development of the Directorate the Council and its residents.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing civil design works for the capital and maintenance works programmes
- Overseeing the provision of technical and operational inspections and advice to Infrastructure Strategy & Planning
- Development, implementation and maintenance of the Plant/Fleet Asset Management Plan
- The provision of operational and planning support for emergency services as the Local Emergency Management Officer (LEMO)
- Managing council’s depot, store facilities and procurement service
Part of the Western Sydney City Deal, the area will see a critical amount of Government investment rolled out for transport, jobs and infrastructure. In this role - Manager Works - you will play a key part in helping deliver key services as part of this investment.
As would be expected in a leadership role, you will bring with you the ability to inspire your team together with a strong commitment to continuous improvement.
Wollondilly Shire is set for a period of sustained growth of which the - Manager Works - will play a key role. Be part of its success.
An attractive remuneration package commensurate with the location and role is offered.
For further details please view the recruitment video below.