Public Exhibition - Draft Contaminated Land Policy
Closes: Oct 21, 2022, 5:00 PM
Now on Public Exhibition - Draft Contaminated Land Policy
This is the first Contaminated Land Policy for our Council and applies to all land within the Shire.
The purpose of the draft Policy is to provide:
- A framework for Council to appropriately manage land contamination through the planning and development control process;
- guidelines to assist in the early identification of potential contamination;
The draft policy sets out the preferred practice of Council Officers in relation to:
- Identifying, evaluating and managing contaminated land through the land use planning process;
- Recording, managing and disclosing contaminated land information;
- Reporting contamination to the NSW EPA, and
- Preventing or minimising the potential for contamination.
The draft policy also provides practical advice for members of the community as well as professionals involved in the planning and development process within the Wollondilly Shire.
View the Draft Contaminated Land Policy
The Draft Contaminated Land Policy will be on public exhibition from Friday 9 September 2022 to Friday 21 October 2022 and can be viewed at –
- Your Say Wollondilly
- Council Administration Building, 62-64 Menangle Street, Picton
- Wollondilly Library, 42 Menangle Street, Picton
- Wollondilly Mobile Library
- Online: Your Say Wollondilly engagement platform
- Email: email@example.com quoting reference CM 12926
- Hand delivery: Wollondilly Shire Council, 62-64 Menangle Street, Picton
- Post: Wollondilly Shire Council, PO Box 21, Picton NSW 2571
Submissions close at 5pm on Friday 21 October 2022 and should quote Council’s reference number CM 12926
Council may be required to release your written comments or submissions to an applicant under the Government Information (Public Access) Act, 2009 or Local Government Act, 1993 that impose obligations on us to release documents in certain circumstances.