Stage 3 will deliver a new green civic square and community gathering spaces, further modifications to the Shire Hall, and additional parking, and will see the demolition of the existing Council Administration Building.
New Green Civic Square
This stage will give the community a new green civic square plus outdoor community gathering spaces and a range of opportunities for sheltered or open outdoor eating.
Continued Shire Hall Upgrades
Modifications of the Shire Hall will include:
- a new outdoor stage onto the civic green square to enable outdoor performances and community presentations
- construction of improved change amenities and accessible toilets
- improved airflow, environmental controls and lighting for the main hall
- opening the pedestrian connectivity along the east side of the Shire Hall
- demolition of aging external public toilets and creation of a new food warming and dispensary room and kitchenette to enable catering for community events
- repairs to the main hall floor.
Additional Parking Space
The next stage of additional car parking to service the town centre will be delivered.
Demolition of Council Administration Building
Stage 3 will also see the existing Council Administration Building demolished to enable the development of the Stage 4 new and enlarged library and work hub.
The value of Stage 3 is estimated at $7.150m.