Thanks to some very generous individuals and organisations, the Community Recovery Hub located at the Balmoral Village Hall is inviting you to apply for bushfire recovery assistance funding.
What is Being Offered?
Gift cards to the maximum value of $200 per family/household will be available to eligible applicants in accordance with the constitution of The Community Recovery Hub Recovery Assistance Fund. Gifts cards will be distributed to help meet expenses of bushfire affected families who have lost their primary place of residence, including homes that are uninhabitable, in the Wollondilly and Wingecarribee local government areas.
Additional funding rounds may occur following closure of round one applications.
Check the eligibility criteria, complete the application form (below) and return it with proof of identity. Applications for this round are open until 30 April 2020.
Your application will be reviewed and assessed by the Community Recovery Hub Assistance Fund Committee and you will be notified of the outcome. Please note we cannot give a date as to when the gift cards will be available at this stage due to the current COVID-19 events which is out of our control.
For detailed information about other assistance please visit our Response and Recovery page or call Wollondilly Shire Council on (02) 4677 1100.
The following criteria applies to all applications:
- The applicant must be a resident of the Wollondilly or Wingecarribee Local Government Area and reside within the fire impact or fire ground zone/s.
- Grants will only be one-off up to a maximum of $200 per family/household.
- Each grant will be dealt with on an individual basis to allow for flexibility.
- Applicants must provide proof of identity and residential address.
- Cash payment will not be provided. Payments will be made by Gift card distribution only.