Australian Government Financial Assistance for Individuals
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP)
- A non-means tested payment of $1000 for eligible adults and $400 for eligible children.
- The AGDRP is available to people whose homes have been lost or directly damaged, and people who have been seriously injured, or are an immediate family member of someone who has lost their life.
- The AGDRP has been activated in the local government areas of Armidale, Bellingen, Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Canterbury Bankstown, Central Coast, Cessnock , Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Cumberland, Dungog Shire, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Hornsby, Inner West, Kempsey, Ku-ring-gai, Lake Macquarie, Liverpool, Maitland, Mid Coast, Nambucca, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Macquarie-Hastings , Port Stephens, Sutherland, Tenterfield, The Hills and Wollondilly
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA)
- A short-term income support payment to assist individuals who have experienced a loss of income as a direct result of the storms and floods.
- The DRA has been activated in the local government areas of Armidale, Bellingen, Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Canterbury Bankstown, Central Coast, Cessnock , Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Cumberland, Dungog Shire, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Hornsby, Inner West, Kempsey, Ku-ring-gai, Lake Macquarie , Liverpool, Maitland, Mid-Coast, Nambucca, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Macquarie-Hastings , Port Stephens, Sutherland, Tenterfield, The Hills and Wollondilly
These Australian Government payments are administered by Services Australia.
- The fastest and easiest way to claim disaster assistance is over the phone by calling 180 22 66. These Services Australia Disaster Assistance phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm local time, seven days a week.
Key Contacts For Assistance
- For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact Service NSW on 13 77 88.
- To apply for the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment and/or Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance, call the Services Australia Disaster Assistance phone lines on180 22 66.
- Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website and Service NSW.
The Natural Disaster Transport Subsidy (via RAA) is now open for declared LGA’s, there is still some details to be clarified, but essentially;
A natural disaster assistance transport subsidy is available to eligible farmers who are affected by a declared natural disaster event. This subsidy pays for the cost of transporting:
- fodder and/or water to an affected property
- stock to sale or slaughter
- stock to/from agistment
Refer to the Declared natural disasters table for LGA's eligible for this assistance. I understand its to a cap of $15k and will let you know once I get the details. More info on the Rural Assistance Authority website.
Rural Aid and Cash Payments
Rural Aid have $1000 grants available to primary producers in flood declared areas, and $500 VISA cards available. These funds are completely separate from the AGDRP and are for primary producers only. To be eligible, primary producers must register on the Rural Aid website (ruralid.org.au) and RA will make contact. The website does say they should ring 1300 327 624, but they must register.
The Australian Government will also lift mutual obligation requirements for job seekers in the Local Government Areas impacted by the NSW floods and storms from Friday 19 March until Tuesday 6 April 2021.
No job seeker in the affected areas will face payment suspension or financial penalties for failing to meet their mutual obligation requirements such as not being able to attend appointments or activities.
The Mayor's Relief Fund for Flood assistance is now closed.
The purpose of the Mayor’s Relief Fund Flood Appeal 2020 is to support individuals or households who have been impacted by the Flood Event. Additional funding rounds may occur following closure of the Flood Appeal.
The following criteria apply to all applications:
1. The applicant is a resident of the Wollondilly Local Government Area.
2. The applicant resides within the flood impact zone, or is significantly affected by other issues as a result of the flood.
3. The event or requirement for funds is for a situation of reasonably demonstrated financial hardship due to the Flood Event.
4. The applicant has reasonably demonstrated they have first exhausted general sources of finance, such as insurance and
other grant funding.
5. Grants will only be one-off up to a maximum of $5,000 per residential address, and all applications in excess of $500
must have proof of cost.
6. Each grant will be dealt with on an individual basis to allow for flexibility.
7. Applicants must provide proof of identity and residential address.
8. Cash payment will not be provided. Payments will be made by Direct Deposit (EFT) only.
How to apply:
• Applications open Monday 10 February 2020 and will close at a date to be determined by Wollondilly Shire Council.
• Complete the application form.
• Attach additional information, evidence including photos media clips
• Attach proof of cost – must be dated on or after 9 February 2020. Proof may include receipts, quotes or utilities accounts.
• Completed applications with additional documents must be: hand delivered, e-mailed or mailed to:
Wollondilly Shire Council Mayor’s Relief Fund
62-64 Menangle Street
PO Box 21, PICTON NSW 2571
E- mail: email@example.com