Discover Flood Assistance Available
Flood Disaster Recovery Small Business Grant
Help to rebuild your business after storms and floods. Apply for the Flood Disaster Recovery Small Business Grant. You could be eligible to receive up to $50,000 to help you:
- remove damaged goods
- replace stock
- repair building and fittings
- lease temporary premises
- hire equipment.
Visit Service NSW to check eligibility and apply, or call 13 77 88.
NSW SES Information
Download the NSW SES Recovery Guide. The guide covers important information such as:
- how the NSW SES may assist you
- what individuals must arrange themselves
- a quick reference guide
- and more.
Download the FloodSafe Fact Sheet (After a Flood) for information about what to do after your property has been affected by a flood.
Australian Government Financial Assistance for Individuals
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment (AGDRP)
- A non-means tested payment of $1000 for eligible adults and $400 for eligible children.
- The AGDRP is available to people whose homes have been lost or directly damaged, and people who have been seriously injured, or are an immediate family member of someone who has lost their life.
- The AGDRP has been activated in the local government areas of Armidale, Bellingen, Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Canterbury Bankstown, Central Coast, Cessnock , Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Cumberland, Dungog Shire, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Hornsby, Inner West, Kempsey, Ku-ring-gai, Lake Macquarie, Liverpool, Maitland, Mid Coast, Nambucca, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Macquarie-Hastings , Port Stephens, Sutherland, Tenterfield, The Hills and Wollondilly
The Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance (DRA)
- A short-term income support payment to assist individuals who have experienced a loss of income as a direct result of the storms and floods.
- The DRA has been activated in the local government areas of Armidale, Bellingen, Blacktown, Blue Mountains, Camden, Campbelltown, Canterbury Bankstown, Central Coast, Cessnock , Clarence Valley, Coffs Harbour, Cumberland, Dungog Shire, Fairfield, Hawkesbury, Hornsby, Inner West, Kempsey, Ku-ring-gai, Lake Macquarie , Liverpool, Maitland, Mid-Coast, Nambucca, Newcastle, Northern Beaches, Parramatta, Penrith, Port Macquarie-Hastings , Port Stephens, Sutherland, Tenterfield, The Hills and Wollondilly
These Australian Government payments are administered by Services Australia.
- The fastest and easiest way to claim disaster assistance is over the phone by calling 180 22 66. These Services Australia Disaster Assistance phone lines are open from 8am to 8pm local time, seven days a week.
Key Contacts For Assistance
- For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact Service NSW on 13 77 88.
- To apply for the Australian Government Disaster Recovery Payment and/or Australian Government Disaster Recovery Allowance, call the Services Australia Disaster Assistance phone lines on180 22 66.
- Further information on disaster assistance is available on the Australian Government’s Disaster Assist website and Service NSW.
The Natural Disaster Transport Subsidy (via RAA) is now open for declared LGA’s, there is still some details to be clarified, but essentially;
A natural disaster assistance transport subsidy is available to eligible farmers who are affected by a declared natural disaster event. This subsidy pays for the cost of transporting:
- fodder and/or water to an affected property
- stock to sale or slaughter
- stock to/from agistment
Refer to the Declared natural disasters table for LGA's eligible for this assistance. I understand its to a cap of $15k and will let you know once I get the details. More info on the Rural Assistance Authority website.
Rural Aid and Cash Payments
Rural Aid have $1000 grants available to primary producers in flood declared areas, and $500 VISA cards available. These funds are completely separate from the AGDRP and are for primary producers only. To be eligible, primary producers must register on the Rural Aid (RA) website and RA will make contact. The website does say they should ring 1300 327 624, but they must register.