1. Entry to the Wollondilly Christmas Lights Competition is free
2. All entries must be based in the Wollondilly Local Government Area
3. Christmas Light Displays belonging to Judging Panel members, Sponsors, Elected Members, Council Staff or their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
4. All prizes are awarded at the discretion of the Judging Panel, whose decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
5. At the Judging Panel’s discretion entries may be judged in categories other than the one entered.
6. Entrants must have their light display on from 7pm - midnight from Wednesday 1 December – Tuesday 7 December for judging purposes. Lights not on between this period will result in the entrants house not being judged.
7. All streets entered are advertised (excluding house numbers). Council will not be liable for damaged or stolen Christmas decorations (including lights) or damage to other property.
8. Christmas lights and decorations must be on show for the entire month of December.
9. Entrants must send their best shot of their Christmas Lights display to Council's email by Friday 3 December (with full address as subject line) to be eligible to enter the People’s Choice category as well as for the purpose of a slideshow of winners on the presentation evening.
10. Local businesses will be approached to sponsor the prizes for the Christmas Lights Competition.
11. First Prize and Second Prize will be awarded for each category with exception of the Grand Champion and Judges Awards which will be individual Winner Awards only.
12. Christmas Light Display owners agree to allow their displays to be photographed by a nominated person from Wollondilly Shire Council or by the general public. Photographs may be reproduced in Wollondilly Shire Council promotional material to be used by Council at its discretion.
13. If requested, a successful applicant will also be available or willing to make a representative available for publicity purposes either in the local media or in a Council publication or other promotional material.
14. All entrants will be entered into the ‘People’s Choice’ category and agree to have their home photographed and displayed on social media/website for judging. *Please note no address details or names will be listed as part of the voting*
15. Entrants must take into consideration their local environment and neighbours and ensure their displays present no danger to the general public. Consideration must be given to the noise and levels of light emitted by your display.
16. Applicants will be required to submit a completed Christmas Lights Competition Application Form by the due date.
17. Wollondilly Shire Council, nor the parties involved, will accept any responsibility or will be liable for any injury, loss or damage to an entrant’s property as a result of participation in the Christmas Lights Competition.
18. Awards will be presented on Friday 10th December as part of the Christmas in the Gardens Event, the time to be confirmed with entrants.