Putting the welfare of wildlife and nature first should be every photographer’s goal.
Please be respectful and follow the guidelines below:
- Do no harm, leave only footprints and take only photos.
- Do not destroy or alter habitat for a better view or scene.
- Let animals go about their business, do not seek their attention or interaction.
- Take special care at breeding season.
- Know the signs of stress on wildlife.
- Do not use flash photography on wildlife.
- For the purposes of this competition, the competition organisers are defined as nominated staff involved in the organisation and coordination of the competition from Campbelltown City, Camden and Wollondilly Shire Councils.
- The subject matter of the photographs submitted must be from within the Macarthur region, defined as Campbelltown, Camden and Wollondilly Local Government Areas (LGAs), and must be obtained lawfully.
- Photographs may be black and white, or colour.
- Each entrant may enter a maximum of four photographs in the competition.
- The content of a photograph must not be changed or manipulated in any way; that is, no cloning, montaging, or digital manipulation other than cropping, toning, digital spotting, burning and dodging is permitted. No addition or removal of subject matter is accepted. Retouching is limited to removal of normal scratches and dust spots. Colour adjustment should be minimal.
- Each photograph can only be entered into one theme.
- A panel of judges approved by the three participating councils, representing photography, art and local biodiversity expertise, will select the theme place winners and shortlist 10 images for the People’s Choice Award, the winner of which will be chosen through online voting. The judges’ decision is final.
- Respective Councillors, competition organisers, the judging panel and their immediate families are not eligible to enter the competition.
- Entries must be submitted online by 5pm, Friday 15 October 2021.
- Late entries will not be accepted.
- Entrants must organise their own insurance cover against damage, loss by any means or theft. The competition organisers do not insure works in transit, storage or handling or on exhibition.
- Entrants in this competition give permission for their works to be reproduced by print and electronic media by the competition organisers for not-for-profit publications, advertising and promotional purposes. Entrants will be acknowledged if the image is reproduced.
- All personal information gathered by the competition organisers will be used solely for the purposes of administering the Macarthur Nature Photography Competition.
- All entrants have the option of nominating their entry for inclusion in the Campbelltown Hospital Arts Collection, which could see their image reproduced by South Western Sydney Local Health District for display within the hospital’s new clinical services building or existing buildings. Reproduction could take a variety of forms, including permanent wall murals and/or rotating displays of framed/hung images. There will be no remuneration for use of nominated images, however, entrants will be acknowledged if their image is reproduced for this purpose.
For more information please contact Council's Environment Team on 4677 1100 or email@example.com