The Community Grants Program provides funding towards community projects, events and small capital equipment purchases to support community organisations and groups operating within the Wollondilly Local Government Area for the benefit of local communities. The Community Grants Program will be open for applications in May each year with successful recipients presented with funds in August.
To be eligible for funding an organisation must meet all of the following:
- Be a not-for-profit community based group or organisation,
- Be an incorporated body or be auspiced (sponsored) by an incorporated body,
- Offer services or activities within the Wollondilly Local Government Area,
- Have no outstanding debts to Council,
- Not be a political party or political lobby group, and
- Not be a Government Agency.
Community Grants will not provide funds for applications that:
- duplicate existing services or programs,
- do not meet identified priority needs,
- directly contravene Council policies,
- are for previously funded events or projects,
- request retrospective funding, or
- include recurrent costs of the organisation e.g. salaries, general administration costs.
Applicants must demonstrate linkages to Council’s Community Strategic Plan Outcomes and Strategies.
|Community Projects||Projects that help local communities to build skills, identify opportunities and/or undertake actions for the social benefit of community members.||Up to $3,000|
|Arts and Cultural Events||Events that foster the Shire's cultural identity, or that provide an accessible, diverse range of community art and cultural opportunities.||Up to $1,000|
|Projects that support the local environment and assist in making Wollondilly a more sustainable place to live.||Up to $500|
|Leisure & Recreation Activities||Activities that provide access to physical and social pursuits to support a healthy and active community.||Up to $500|
|Small Capital Equipment||Purchases of small capital equipment items to support community organisation activities.||Up to $500
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Eligibility for financial assistance program
- Demonstrates clear linkages to Council’s Community Strategic Plan
- Demonstrate a strong community development aspect that involves and benefits the broader community through participation or access
- Reflect and enhance Wollondilly’s sense of place and local identity
- Attract broad or new participation from local residents
- Use an innovative approach to the proposed project
- Be completed in the financial year specified in the application
- Be achievable within the planned budget Following assessment, all eligible applications are reviewed at a Councillor Workshop prior to being recommended for funding at the next Council Meeting.
Conditions of Grant
Successful applicants are required to undertake an acquittal process and provide Council with:
- Information on how the grant was spent
- Evaluation of the event or project and its outcomes
- Membership/participation rates
- Copies of any promotional material and media coverage generated
- Details of the acknowledgement of Council’s support within the community Funding will only be paid against a recipient created Tax Invoice inclusive of any GST by way of a direct deposit.
An eligible organisation must apply by completing the Community Grants Application Form or Online Form. The program is open from 1 May. Applications must be submitted by 31 May each year for consideration of a funding allocation.
You may want to read the Information Session PowerPoint for further details before applying.
Council's Community Projects and Events Team Leader on (02) 4677 1100 or email Council.