The Sponsorship Program provides funding to support community events or programs or minor works that Council recognises as having economic, tourism and social benefit to the community and the Wollondilly Local Government Area. Applications can be made twice a year in May and September.
To be eligible for funding an organisation must meet all of the following:
- Be a not for profit community organisation
- Be an incorporated body or be auspiced (sponsored) by an incorporated body
- Be based within the Wollondilly LGA and have economic benefit to the local economy
- Offer an annual event or project in the Wollondilly LGA,
- Have no outstanding debts to Council
- Not be a political party or political lobby group, and
- Not be a Government Agency
Sponsorship will not provide funds for applications that:
- duplicate existing services
- are for existing funded events, services or programs,
- do not meet identified priority needs,
- directly contravene Council policies,
- request retrospective funding
- are for items of equipment or minor works, or
- include recurrent costs of the organisation e.g. salaries, general administration costs Applicants must demonstrate linkages to the Community Strategic Plan Outcomes and Strategies
Applicants must ensure Council receives an appropriate level of benefit for its sponsorship contribution.
|Minor Works||Minor improvements to a facility that will benefit the local community.||Up to $500|
|Community Event||An annual community event where Council is provided a direct benefit in return for its sponsorship.||Up to $1,000|
An eligible organisation must apply by filling in the Sponsorship Program Application Form or Online Form.
Sponsorship applications will be considered by Council twice each year. Applications which open on 1 May must be submitted by 31 May and those open on 1 September must be submitted by 31 September each year for consideration of a funding allocation.
Only one application per group or organisation will be considered in each financial year.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Eligibility for financial assistance program
- Organisation is based within the Wollondilly Shire and provides economic benefit to the local community
- Demonstrates clear linkages to Council’s Community Strategic Plan
- Demonstrates a strong community development aspect that involves and benefits the broader community through participation or access
- Reflects and enhances Wollondilly’s sense of place and local identity
- Attracts broad or new participation from local residents
- Uses an innovative approach to the proposed event
- Can be completed in the financial year specified in the application
- Can be achievable within the planned budget
Following assessment all eligible applications are reviewed at a Councillor Workshop prior to being recommended for funding at the next Council Meeting.
Conditions of Sponsorship
Successful applicants are required to undertake an acquittal process and provide Council with:
- Information on how the sponsorship was spent
- Evaluation of the event or works carried out
- Membership / Participation rates
- Copies of any promotional material and media coverage
- Details of the acknowledgement of Councils sponsorship within the community
Funding will only be paid against a recipient created Tax Invoice inclusive of any GST by way of a direct deposit.
Council’s Community Project Officer on (02) 4677 1100 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.