Community Planting Day
Wollondilly Shire Council are organising a community planting day where the community can help enhance the amenity of our local parks and support Wollondilly’s wildlife.
When: 8:30am – 12pm Saturday 18th June 2022. Sign in at 8:30am sharp.
Where: Meet at the playground in Cubbitch Barta Reserve, opposite the corner of Young Avenue and Tullet St, Camden Park.
The focus of the plantings will be to:
- Do succession planting of local native trees that will eventually take over from the existing beautiful mature hollow baring trees.
- Plant ground covers and shrubs under the existing trees.
- Plant along the water’s edge to improve water quality.
- Plant a variety of species so there is always something flowering, fruiting or seeding throughout the year to improve the parks aesthetics and to ensure there is always food available for wildlife.
- Plant species that support the remnant Cumberland Plain endangered ecological community at the park.
Due to Covid-19 all participants will be required to do the following:
-Stay home if you are in any way unwell.
-Use the sanitiser station and sign in when you arrive.
-Keep socially distant from other participants – at least 1.5m apart.
-No food or drink will be provided. Please bring your own if needed.
Anyone who is interested is invited to take part. All participants will have to register by the 'Book Now' link above.
For more information call Council on (02) 4677 1100.