Thu, Mar. 19, 2020 9:30am — 3:30pm
40 Edwards Road Richmond Lowlands
The influx of small lifestyle landowners in Greater Sydney’s peri-urban areas is increasing and can have an adverse impact on the overall health of our environment.
This one-day forum is for council staff and networks involved in natural resource management (sustainable land management) in peri-urban areas and will:
- Outline sustainable land management tools and resources available to landholders, including topics of pest animals, weeds, bush regeneration, native vegetation, habitat restoration and much more.
- Develop the skills and confidence of council and network staff to effectively provide ongoing support to peri-urban landholders.
- Explore existing landholder programs being delivered by peri-urban councils in the region.
- Hear first-hand from peri-urban landholders in the Greater Sydney region how they have managed and improved their properties.
Who should attend?
- NRM managers/officers
- Landcare/Bushcare volunteer coordinators
- Regional Landcare Coordinators
- Council staff working with or adjacent to peri-urban landholders
- Weed and pest animal officers
RSVP by Monday 16 March 2020
For more information please visit The Local Land Services Every Bit Counts page.