Household Chemical CleanOut
Sun, Mar. 31, 2019 9:00am — 3:30pm
Colden Street Picton
Wollondilly Shire Council in partnership with NSW EPA Waste Less Recycle More Initiative are holding a Household Chemical Clean Out day in March. The safest way to dispose of potentially hazardous household chemicals is at a Household Chemical Clean Out event. Clean Out is a free service for the safe disposal of a range of household chemicals that could cause harm to human health and the environment if they are not disposed of correctly.
What: Household Chemical Clean Out
When: Sunday 31 March 2019
Where: Colden St carpark, Picton
What can I drop off:
- From your home: solvents, household cleaners, floor care products, ammonia based cleaners, fluorescent globes and tubes.
- From your vehicle: vehicle batteries, motor oils, fuels and fluids
- From your garage: paint and paint related products, pesticides and herbicides, poisons, gas bottles, fire extinguishers, pool chemicals, hobby chemicals, acids and alkalis
Storing and transporting unwanted chemicals
Handle and transport chemicals carefully:
- Never mix chemicals as this may produce dangerous reactions.
- Wherever possible keep all chemicals in their original containers.
- Ensure containers are clearly labelled and well-sealed. If you do not know the contents, label the container 'unknown chemical'.
- Liquid can leak during transport: wrap containers holding liquids securely in newspaper, place in sturdy plastic bags and then in plastic buckets or trays.
- Keep household chemicals away from passengers, e.g. in the boot of your car.
Wollondilly Shire Council on 4677 1100.