Pets and Animals Information
Wollondilly Animal Shelter is located on Wonga Road, Picton. The Animal Shelter is open for appointments only between Monday and Friday and closed on weekends.
If you have any questions you can call our Animal Shelter on (02) 4677 1100 or email email@example.com between 8.30am - 4.30pm on weekdays. Weekend contact number is 4677 0462 (strictly for weekends only).
No cash is accepted at the Animal Shelter, all payments must be made by EFTPOS / Credit Card only.
Council maintains a number of off-leash areas across the Shire for pet owners to enjoy. The location of the off-leash areas is as follows:
- Picton Sportsground: located on Fairleys Road, Picton
- Appin Park: located on the corner of Appin Road and Market Street, Appin
- Bargo Sportsground: enter through Radnor Road, Bargo
- Thirlmere Way: located in front of the DNA BMX and Skate Park on Thirlmere Way at Tahmoor
- Lin Gordon Reserve: located on Oaks Road, Thirlmere
- Warragamba Sportsground: located on the corner of Warradale Road and Farnsworth Avenue, Warragamba
There is signage at each location so you know exactly where to go. Bins within these locations will accept dog waste and officers do regular random patrols of these areas.
Council investigates complaints regarding Companion Animal Behaviour. This includes complaints regarding straying animals, aggressive animals and dog attacks, and nuisance animals including barking dogs and noisy roosters. To make a complaint or for advice regarding these types of matters contact Council on 4677 1100. A dog attack must be reported to Council and can be reported 24 hours a day to our after hours service by contacting 4677 1100.
Residents are able to surrender their pet dogs and cats to council for a fee. There are times when the Council Shelter is at capacity due to the high number of stray and lost cats and dogs being housed there. At these times we will not always be able to accept surrendered pets.