Reporting an Issue

If you see an issue in Wollondilly relating to services, facilities and infrastructure you can report it to Council. Council will investigate these reports and aim to respond with the outcomes within 14 working days.

Report an Issue to Council

Report an Issue to Council


Reasons to report crime:

  • A safer community
  • Police and the community working together
  • Removing criminals from circulation
  • A community that's active in protecting itself
  • Raised community awareness

There are a variety of ways in which you can now report a crime in the community:

1. Triple 000

You should only call Triple Zero (000) in a life threatening or time critical emergency. 

2. Crime stoppers 1800 333 000

Crime Stoppers operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and allows members of the community to anonymously report criminal activity or suspicious activity. The information you provide may be the vital missing piece the police need to make an arrest. 

You can report:

  • People wanted by police
  • Unsolved crimes and future crime that is being planned
  • People you know who have committed criminal offences where they have not been arrested
  • Suspicious or unusual activity

3. Police Assistance Line (PAL) 131 444

If you are a victim of a crime, other than life threatening or time critical emergency situations, you should contact the NSW Police Assistance Line. 

PAL allows you to report crime over the phone. Once you report is completed by a customer service representative, your information is immediately available to you local Police. When a Police response is required, PAL will arrange for Police officers to attend. PAL can also assist you with general Police inquiries. 

4. Community Portal 

The NSW Police Force Community Portal is an online reporting system for the community which is easy to use, confidential and always secure.

Where no emergency exists and immediate investigation by a Police officer is not necessary, registered community members can now create online reports such a property, intentional damage or graffiti and theft, in their own time anywhere where internet connection is present. (You will need a Services NSW ID number to log into the portal)

5. Local Police Stations:

Narellan Police Station 02 4632 4499

Campbelltown Police Station 02 4620 1199

St. Mary’s Police Station 02 9677 7499

COVID Noise Changes

Noise / Works Outside the Designated Hours of Consent (Associated to DA's and CDCS) 

The NSW Government has made key changes to the NSW Planning System to enable the flexibility required to respond to, and aid the economic recovery from, the current COVID-19 pandemic.
Amendments made to the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979 (NSW) (EP&A Act) on 25 March 2020 give the Minister for Planning and Public Spaces wide ranging new powers to make orders enabling the carrying out of development which is "necessary to protect the health, safety and welfare of members of the public during the COVID-19 pandemic" (COVID-19 Ministerial Orders). Details of this new power and existing COVID-19 Ministerial Orders already made are on the NSW Legislation Gazette.

Construction Work Days Order

The Construction Work Days Order authorises certain construction work to be carried out on a Saturday, Sunday or Public Holiday in line with the construction hours permitted on week days.
The Construction Work Days Order currently applies only to construction work which is being carried out under a development consent, including a State significant development consent, under the EP&A Act.

For further information refer to NSW Legislation Gazette.


Noise Restrictions

There are regulations that apply during certain times, where noise should not be heard in a habitable room in a neighbour's residence. 

If there is a noise issue in your area, try to talk to your neighbour in the first instance. If this is unsuccessful and the noise problem persists, contact Council or the Local Police. Breaches of noise restrictions could result in the issue of fines.

During the following times, noise should not be heard in a habitable room in a neighbour's residence.

Noise source

Time restrictions

Power tools

8pm to 8am on any Saturday, Sunday or public holiday

8pm to 7am on any other day

Pumps and heat water pumps (incl. swimming pool and spa pumps)

8pm to 8am on any Saturday, Sunday or public holiday

8pm to 7am on any other day


Midnight to 8 am on Friday, Saturday or any day preceding a public holiday

10pm to 8am on any other day

Air conditioner or water heater

10pm to 8am on weekends and public holidays

10pm to 7am on weekdays

Motor vehicles (except when entering or leaving residential premises)

8pm to 8am on weekends and public holidays

8pm to 7am on any other day

Refrigeration unit fitted to motor vehicles

8pm to 8am on weekends and public holidays

8pm to 7am on any other day

Noise may also be considered offensive outside of theses restricted hours

There are a few things you can do to make sure that you don't disturb your neighbours.         

  • Notify your neighbours in advance of your celebration plans
  • Ask guests to be quiet when they leave.
  • Move indoors as the evening gets later, move music and guests inside.
  • Be considerate with your music system.
  • Be mindful of the above times

If there is a noise issue try to solve the problem amicably by talking to your neighbour in the first instance. They may not realise that their celebration it is creating a nuisance or is too loud.