Changed Traffic Conditions – Silverdale Road, Wallacia Blaxland Crossing Bridge
Posted on: 24.06.2016
Wollondilly Shire Council and Penrith City Council wishes to advise that temporary changed traffic conditions will be in place at the Blaxland Crossing Bridge (also known as Wallacia Bridge & Silverdale Road Bridge) commencing in June 2016.
As part of Wollondilly Council’s asset management plan, it has been identified that the bridge bearings need to be replaced.
Due to the work required the following restrictions have been put in place:
- 40kph speed limit on the bridge during replacement work
- restricted access for 19m B-Doubles, B-Double access by permit will continue
- 38t load limit without permit from June 30
- Permit required for vehicles heavier than 38t but not exceeding 55t, from June 30
- Fuel and quarry trucks will be able to access under the permit system
Wollondilly and Penrith Councils understand that this temporary restriction may cause disruption to businesses using the bridge as part of their route to deliver or receive goods/services. Both Councils are committed to working with local and regional businesses to ensure any disruption is kept to a minimum.
Permits for use between 38 and 55t will be issued for 3 month periods that will be extended pending monitoring of the bridge.
Access for NSW Fire & Rescue, Rural Fire Service, garbage trucks and buses will not be affected.
Motorists are advised to expect delays and to exercise caution within the area whilst the works are being carried out.
For further information contact Rod Bray, on 4677 1100 or email@example.com