COVID-19 (Coronavirus): Information for small business owners
Posted on: 20.03.2020
Wollondilly Council has welcomed support for our local small businesses from the NSW Small Business Commissioner.
The COVID-19 outbreak is impacting businesses globally in many ways including reduced trade, temporary business closures, staffing issues and supply chain interruptions.
Mayor Matthew Deeth said, “Our local businesses are doing it really tough at the moment and Wollondilly Council is committed to supporting small business in any way we can. It is good to see help being provided by the State Government as well.”
“Small business owners have had deal with the fires, floods and now the Coronavirus pandemic affecting their operations and the number of customers coming through the door,” he said.
The NSW Small Business Commissioner has provided information under the following headings to assist small business with tips and resources to help them manage their business during the crisis and into the recovery phase:
• What are my employer obligations?
• I need advice on managing employee leave.
• How can I protect myself, my employees and my customers?
• How can I prepare my business if I get sick?
• My business is experiencing lost trade and cash flow problems.
• What financial support is available from the government?
• I’m struggling with my rent.
• I need advice on customer rights (e.g. Event cancellations, refunds, delayed orders).
• I need business advice.
• I’m having a dispute.
• Who can I speak to about other issues such as red tape?
The information can be found at https://www.smallbusiness.nsw.gov.au/get-help/covid-19-coronavirus-information-small-business-owners
Businesses impacted by COVID-19 can talk to their BAS or taxation agent, call the Australian Taxation Office on 1800 806 218 or follow the link https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Dealing-with-disasters/In-detail/Specific-disasters/COVID-19/
More information for Small Business impacted by COVID-19 can be found on Council’s website https://www.wollondilly.nsw.gov.au/resident-services/emergency-information/disaster-and-public-health/covid-19-updates/supporting-local-businesses/