Events Forum 2015
Posted on: 15.12.2015
Wollondilly Shire Council held an Events Forum on 10 December to provide landholders, local businesses and community groups the opportunity to learn from case studies and to ask questions of council and other stakeholders as to event planning and the challenges involved.
The forum included presentations from
- Clare Downes – Secret Garden Music Festival
- Blair Briggs – Mowbray Park Farmstay
- Phil Costa – Rotary Club of Picton – Organiser of Thirlmere Festival of Steam
- Tara Morelos – Wollombi Sculpture in the Vineyards
- Question and Answer Panel
“This is the first of such an event here in Wollondilly, bringing all stakeholders together to discuss how we can expand and grow events across our Shire. This grows our economy through attracting more visitors to each event and working in partnership to deliver new events in the future,” Mayor, Cr Simon Landow.
A Recommendations Paper will now be formulated that will inform Council, Wollondilly Tourism Association and our local tourism operators about the outcomes of the Forum.