Picton Library – What’s On
Posted on: 11.02.2016
When was the last time you borrowed a book?
As you are probably aware, our Library is currently in a temporary location while the Picton Library is being refurbished. The refurbishment building project is running well and on track and we hope to be in the new library by mid-year. All the great services and activities are still running and it is business as usual.
The regular activities include:
- Storytime sessions – for pre-schoolers and carers – 10.30am Tuesdays, Wednesday Thursdays during school term – currently in the Wollondilly Shire Hall
- Bookbubs – age: 0 - 2 years and carers – Thursdays – 11.30am during school term – currently in the Wollondilly Shire Hall
- Rampage - for ages 8 + gaming, pizza and fun at the Wollondilly Shire Hall. Third Thursday of every month from 4 pm to 5.30pm during school term
- Tech Savvy Sessions – every Monday until 21 March, beginners computer sessions. Bookings essential
- Want to break into the hidden job market? - 5 February - 9.30am to 11.30am Bookings essential
- Authors Talk – Alzheimer’s Carers – Elizabeth Postle – 29 February – 2pm to 3pm – Booking essential
- Mindfulness workshops – Rolled Magazine Craft, Colouring for Adults, Ojos de dios – Weaving class
For further information or to book into one of the activities, please phone 4677 8300.
Did you know in 2015….?
- 48,146 people visited our library service;
- 94,474 items were borrowed;
- 598 activities were held; and
- 10,944 seniors, adults, young adults and children participated in those activities.