Picton Traffic Surveys
Posted on: 21.09.2016
Wollondilly Shire Council has commissioned Traffic Design Group to undertake a Town Centre Transport Master Plan for the Picton Town Centre.
The aim of the study is to identify existing and future traffic, pedestrian and parking deficiencies and requirements. Appropriate solutions will be formulated to improve existing and future traffic and pedestrian infrastructures around the CBD as well as a priority plan for implementation.
Matrix has been appointed by TDG to assist in collecting traffic, parking, and pedestrian activity.
Matrix’s staff will be undertaking data collection activities such as:
- Traffic and pedestrian counts;
- Parking surveys;
- Business/shopkeeper interviews; and
- Customer/shopper interviews.
Traffic, Cyclist and Pedestrian counts will be conducted at the following intersections & roads
- Argyle Street with Barkers Lodge Road;
- Argyle Street with Regreme Road;
- Argyle Street with Menangle Street;
- Argyle Street with Prince Street;
- Margaret Street with Cliffe Street and Argyle Street;
- Menangle Street with Prince Street;
- Picton Avenue with Coull Street and Argyle Street;
- Colden Street with Menangle Street; and
- Colden Street with Margaret Street.
- Menangle Street near Victoria Park;
- Argyle Street in vicinity of Mushroom Tunnel and Picton Primary School.
For more information, contact Council on 4677 1100.