Public Exhibition – Land at Macquariedale Road, Appin
Posted on: 17.11.2017
Wollondilly Shire Council is currently seeking community comments on four (4) separate documents and supporting information related to land at Macquariedale Road, Appin. The documents seek to support the rezoning of land from mostly rural to low and medium density housing and to protect environmentally significant land. If supported, the proposal would result in approximately 215 new houses in Appin.
The documents include a:
- Planning Proposal to rezone land
- Draft Development Control Plan to establish planning controls to guide the future development of the site
- Draft Planning Agreement which proposes a number of community benefits should the development proceed
- Biodiversity Certification Application to protect areas of high conservation value and to offset areas suitable for development.
The documents are currently on exhibition and the community is invited to make submissions up to 28 February 2018. This longer than usual consultation period reflects the number and complexity of the documents which the community is being asked to provide feedback on. Council would also like to ensure that everyone who has an interest has an opportunity to provide comment given the looming holiday season.
More information on the planning proposal and other documents for comment is available under Advertisements on Council's website.
Mayor, Judith Hannan said “Council encourages Appin residents to review and provide feedback on these important documents. Given the volume of information, we have extended the normal exhibition period. A special community forum to be held in Appin will also be arranged for early February 2018.”
The details of the special community forum are yet to be confirmed.
A hard copy of the documents is also available to view at the following locations:
- Council’s Customer Service Centre, 62-64 Menangle Street, Picton between 8am and 4pm Monday to Friday in 2017. From 2 January 2018 between 8:30am and 5pm Monday to Friday
- Wollondilly Library, 42 Menangle Street, Picton between 9:30am and 5pm Mon to Wednesday and Friday, 9:30am and 6pm Thursday and 9am and 12pm Saturday
- Appin Newsagency & Post Office, Shop 4 & 5, 73 Appin Road, Appin between 7am and 6pm Monday to Friday, 7:30am to 1pm Saturday and 7:30am to 12:30pm Sunday.
Written submissions must be received prior to 4pm on 28 February 2018. Please quote the reference number of TRIM 4985-5.
Submissions can be made online, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to Wollondilly Shire Council, PO Box 21, Picton.
For phone enquiries contact Carolyn Whitten from Council’s Strategic Planning Team on 4677 9551.