Raise Your Hand - Helping Achieve Non-Discriminatory Diversity
Posted on: 17.05.2016
Seminar for Potential Women Councillors
On 11 May Wollondilly Shire Council hosted a Seminar in the Wollondilly Shire Council Gallery for Potential Women Councillors. There were 15 participants along with the following guest speakers:
- Mayor, Cr Simon Landow
- Cr Judith Hannan, Wollondilly Shire Council
- Cr Kate Terry, Wollondilly Shire Council
- Cr Dai Le, Fairfield City Council
- Cr Vicki Scott, President of the NSW Branch of the Australian Local Government Women's Association (ALGWA).
- Luke Johnson, General Manager Wollondilly Shire Council
- Lindy Deitz, General Manager Campbelltown City Council
- Ally Dench, Executive Director Community Services ＆ Corporate Support, Wollondilly Shire Council
The seminar included a presentation on “Getting Women Elected” by Cr Hannan and Cr Terry with the support of Ally Dench – Executive Director. The seminar also focused on understanding Local government, campaigning, getting elected and what resources are available to do this. There was also a Question & Answer session with panel members consisting of women with experience in local government.
Luke Johnson, General Manager said “Gender Diversity is a fundamentally important issue throughout society and the Raise Your Hand Seminar positively contributes to Wollondilly by assisting in addressing Gender Balance issues. I would particularly like to thank all those who attended and Executive Director Ally Dench for Chairing the Seminar”.
For more information phone Council on 4677 1100 or email email@example.com
For further information about the Seminar please click here.