Parks and Reserves

There are 2,320,630 m2 (573 acres) of open space under the care and control of Wollondilly Shire Council. Of this, 1,319,640m2 are maintained by Council, including over 40 parks & reserves, 14 sportsgrounds and 34 playgrounds.

Generally Council does not take bookings for private use of a park or reserve and general enjoyment of the amenity is permitted in accordance with compliance signage located at the entry to each facility. For more formal occasions, such as a wedding service, a booking is required. Hire fees are applicable to formal booking applications.

While currently no fee is applicable for private use of a Council Park without a booking, such as a child’s birthday party, private users must obtain the approval of Council prior to bringing any play equipment into a park. Those who wish to bring jumping castles or other similar type equipment must complete an Application for Consent to Use Council Grounds - Parks & Reserves  form and submit it to Council at least two weeks prior to the proposed birthday party or event.

Those proposing to hold a community event at a council park must submit a booking application. It is recommended that bookings for events of any type be submitted to Council a minimum of two months prior to the proposed booking date. Large events should be submitted much earlier as in some cases a development application may be required prior to approval being provided. Further information can be found on the Organising Community Events page.

To make a booking of a Council Park or Reserve

Is your booking for an event? Please complete the Special Events Application Form.

Is your booking for commercial fitness training, bootcamp or similar regular hire?
Complete and submit to Council the following form.
Application for use of Open Space by Commercial Fitness Groups and Personal Trainers

Is your booking for a wedding or other formal personal function?
Complete the Application for Hire of Council Parks form

Do you want to bring a jumping castle or other similar equipment into a Council park or reserve? If you are making a formal booking please include this information on your application form - Application for Hire of Council Parks but if it is an informal use of the facility, such as for a child's birthday party or a family get together, complete the Application for Consent to Use Council Grounds – Parks & Reserves.

Personal Trainers

Those using Council parks and reserves for commercial purposes are required to make a booking. This includes, but is not limited to, activities such as yoga, personal training and boot camp.

Personal trainers and commercial fitness groups must comply with Council’s policy on the use of Open space by Commercial Fitness Groups and Personal Trainers. Council requires all personal trainers to be suitably qualified and covered by appropriate public liability cover, in addition to having Council approval for the use of a facility.

Approved Master Plans

Wilton Recreation Reserve

Telopea Park Buxton

This page is currently under construction.