If you are planning to modify or construct a vehicle crossing or kerb layback from your property boundary to the kerb/gutter or road, you will need to obtain Council approval prior to starting any works.

All vehicle crossings (driveways) that are to be built across public land must be designed and constructed in line with Council standards and specifications. An application process helps to ensure that all driveways meet with these requirements.

Applications for the construction or modification of a vehicle crossing can be submitted using Council's "Application for Permission to Construct a Property Entrance".

The application fee for the Financial Year July 2020–June 2021 is $189.00.

Applications can be lodged:

  • In person at Council's Administration Building, Ground Floor, 62-64 Menangle Street, Picton
  • Via mail with cheque payment to PO Box 21 Picton NSW 2571
  • Via fax with credit card details included to 4677 2339

Please read the general information included within the application form for inspection requirements and booking instructions.


Standard Rural Pipe Crossing

Residential Vehicular Footway Crossing

Industrial Commercial Vehicular Footway Crossing

Application for Permission to Construct a Property Entrance