The NSW Department of Planning & Environment have been working closely with Campbelltown and Wollondilly Councils to investigate the possibility of releasing land for new homes and jobs in the Greater Macarthur area.
The outcomes of the investigation are set out in the Greater Macarthur Land Release Preliminary Strategy, which is now on exhibition.
The Strategy sets out a vision for the next 20 years including:
- Opportunities for new homes and jobs in Menangle Park and Mount Gilead
- A new town in Wilton
- Infrastructure to meet community needs
- Opportunities for community services and public spaces
- Protections for the environment
Alongside the Preliminary Strategy the Department is also consulting on proposed changes to State Environmental Planning Policy (Sydney Region Growth Centres) 2006, that will identify Menangle Park/Mount Gilead and Wilton as new growth centres.
Where can I view the documents?
You can view the documents during the consultation period at:
- Department of Planning and Environment Information Centre: 23-33 Bridge Street, Sydney
- Department of Planning and Environment (Parramatta Office): Level 5, 10 Valentine Avenue, Parramatta
- Wollondilly Shire Council (Foyer): Frank McKay Building, 62-62 Menangle Street, Picton
- Campbelltown City Council: 91 Queen Street, Campbelltown
- HJ Daley Library: 1 Hurley Street, Campbelltown
Have your say
You can comment on the Preliminary Strategy and proposed amendments to the Growth Centres SEPP by making a submission by 4 November 2015 to the NSW Department of Planning & Environment:
Online: Planning NSW
Post: Department of Planning and Environment, Housing land Release,
GPO Box 39, Sydney NSW 2001
Contact the Community Relations Team (NSW Department of Planning & Environment) on 1300 730 550 or firstname.lastname@example.org