- The Wollondilly Shire Council Community Bus may be used by Not-for-Profit Community Groups and Service Organisations based in the Wollondilly Local Government Area (LGA).
- The Community Bus is not available to sporting clubs unless it is for the purpose of representing Wollondilly in a regional, state or national competition and where the team involved is a junior team up to and including the under 16 year age group.
- The Community Bus is not available to any person or group for personal or family purposes. It must only be used for the purposes stated on the Hire Agreement.
- Council and/or its representatives shall not be responsible for any loss or damage to any property belonging to either the Hirer or any person or passenger using or travelling in the Community Bus under Council’s Hire Agreement.
- Council reserves the right to cancel the hiring at any time for a breach of this Hire Agreement and Information
- The Community Bus will not be hired for trips to the snowfields during the ski season.
- The maximum single period the Community Bus may be hired is three consecutive days.
- The number of passengers must not exceed the permissible number of passengers (19 including the driver as well as 1 wheelchair space) for the size of the Community Bus.
- In the event of a breakdown or accident occurs during business hours of 8.00am to 4.00pm please contact Council’s Customer Service Centre on (02) 4677 1100. If outside of business hours please contact Council’s after hours number on (02) 4677 1100 (redirected service) and refer to the accident information located in the glove box.
- The Hirer is responsible for arranging the return transport in the event of an accident or bus breakdown. Council will not accept any responsibility for any cost incurred in arranging the return transport in the event of an accident or bus breakdown.
- In the event that the Community Bus is taken off the road for repairs as a result of a breakdown or accident, any Hirers that will be affected during the initial 48 hours will be notified by Council and Council shall choose to either: - Issue a full refund - Issue a credit to the same value for future use
- All Hirers who have bookings after this 48 hour period will be notified and their deposit and/or hire fee refunded. They will be responsible for making alternate arrangements for transport and meeting any associated costs.
- Any cancellation requests must be directed to the Community Projects Officer on (02) 4677 9550 with a minimum of 24hours notice.
- If fees and charges have been paid and a receipt issued, Council shall choose to either: - Issue a full refund - Issue a credit to the same value for future use.
Fees and Charges
- All fees for bookings must be paid 7 days before the booking date.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, eftpos or credit card (MasterCard or Visa) at Council’s front counter within the Council Administration Building.
- The fees and charges for hire of the Community Bus are in accordance with Council’s schedule of fees and charges.
- All fees and charges are adopted annually by Council and are subject to change each financial year.
- For daily hire the Community Bus is to be collected between 7:00am – 8:30am on the day of hire and returned either the same day between 2:00pm – 3:30pm or the next business day between 7:00am – 8:30am (only by prior arrangement and approval).
- For weekend hirer the Community Bus is to be collected between 3:00pm–3:30pm Friday afternoon and returned between 7:00am–8:30am Monday morning.
- If the Community Bus is only required for a Saturday or a Sunday, the hirer is still required to pay a fee for the two day period.
- The Hirer must complete the Community Bus Hire Agreement and agree to the terms and conditions stated within the hire agreement.
- The Hirer is required to contact and make booking arrangements with an inducted driver from Council’s approved driver list.
- The Hirer is responsible to make all the necessary arrangements for the collection and return of the Community Bus on the agreed hiring date and times.
- The Community Bus is to be collected from Council’s Works Depot – Margaret Street Picton
- The Hirer’s responsibility for the Community Bus transfers when the keys are collected. All Hirers must exercise due care and diligence whilst the Community Bus is under their care.
- The Hirer is responsible for compliance with the Motor Traffic Act and for the safety of the driver and passengers. We recommend that you consider all steps to minimise any risks, including planned driver rest times, taking a First Aid Kit that is appropriate to the age group and planned emergency procedures in the event of a breakdown.
- The Hirer is to ensure that the Community Bus is correctly parked in safe and secure places.
- At the end of the hire period the Community Bus must be returned with a full tank of diesel fuel. Please note that you are also required to provide copies of the receipts for your fuel purchases. Council recommend filling the diesel from the Shell Service Station in Picton.
- The Hirer is responsible for the conduct of every person travelling on the Community Bus during the hire period and for the maintenance and preservation of good order generally.
- Children in the Community Bus are to be supervised at all times by a responsible adult.
- All passengers (including preschool aged children) must be seated within the Community Bus with a maximum of one passenger per seat and must wear a correctly adjusted seat belt.
- The Community Bus is not equipped with child restraints. The responsibility for the safe restraint of infants and small children rests solely upon their parents/carers and hirer of the Community Bus.
- No alcohol is to be consumed in the Community Bus. Smoking is not permitted in the Community Bus.
- No animals are permitted in the Community Bus with exception granted to assistant animals.
- Hirers and drivers are permitted to take one piece of small hand luggage only which is to be securely stored under each seat
- The Hirer is responsible for the cleaning of the Community Bus, returning the bus on time and ensuring that the bus is in good condition.
- The Hirer is required to clean marks on windows, sweep floors, clean up spillages and remove rubbish.
- An additional cleaning fee will be charged to have the bus commercially cleaned if necessary.
- Window cleaner, cloth and a dust pan are provided in the Community Bus.
- The Hirer is responsible for the cost of any repairs required to the Community Bus not covered by insurance.
- The Hirer is required to complete the log book which is provided with the bus. It is important to ensure that all relevant information has been completed including: the day that you used the bus, the number of passengers and the purpose of the journey and how far you travelled.
- Nominated drivers are required to hold a valid LR, MR or HR class licence to drive the Community Bus.
- Nominated drivers must have completed an induction to the Community Bus by the appropriate Council staff member and heavy vehicle contractor and be approved to drive the vehicle.
- The drivers licence will be photocopied and will remain on file.
- The Community Bus can only be driven by the nominated driver listed on the Hire Agreement.
- The Community Bus will not be issued to other drivers.
- The driver is responsible for any parking fees and traffic infringements incurred during the hire period.
- Payment of toll fees must be settled promptly by the Hirer. Any outstanding toll fees sent to Council from the toll operator will be charged to the Hirer including any penalties.
Accidents / Incidents / Damage Insurance Claims ( At Fault Excess)
The Hirer and / or nominated driver of the Community Bus shall be liable to pay any deductible arising from an “at fault” insurance claim on the Community Bus vehicle, except in the following circumstances;
- Where the nominated driver of the Community Bus was obeying the road rules and taking reasonable care
- Where the Community Bus was damaged whilst parked legally
- Where it is demonstrated that the circumstances that lead to the insurance claim were un-avoidable and not the fault of the nominated driver or the hirer
For any additional information about hiring the Community Bus please contact Council’s Community Projects & Events Section 4677 9550