These conditions of engagement apply to all volunteers.
Council holds coverage for volunteers who may be injured or suffer illness as a result of the voluntary activities undertaken.
Restriction on Duties
Volunteers will not be used to perform the routine or specialist tasks usually undertaken by paid employees.
Future Paid Employment
Engagement and service as a volunteer will not be construed as providing any access to, or right or consideration for future paid employment with Wollondilly Shire Council.
Obligations of Volunteers
- Volunteers are expected to maintain the same standards of confidentiality, courtesy, discipline and compliance with Council’s code of Conduct, policies and procedures as are required of paid employees.
- Undertake a Working with Children Check (if applicable)
Work Health and Safety
- Volunteers must participate in an induction and safety training program that familiarises you with the health and safety requirements of the area of activity.
- All work is to be conducted in a manner that is safe and without risk to yourself or others.
- All incidents, accidents or near misses are to be reported to the volunteer coordinator as soon as possible.
- Wear appropriate clothing and footwear at all times.
Reimbursing out of pocket expenses
Volunteers are entitled to claim for out of pocket expenses incurred that were directly related to the activity being undertaken (excluding ravel to and from the place of volunteering). .Receipts must be provided to verify any expenses being claimed.
Attendance is at all times at the discretion of the volunteer, however if prior arrangements have been made, volunteers are encouraged to contact the committee activity coordinator if they are unable to attend.
Please inform your volunteer coordinator as soon as possible if you wish to suspend or cease being a volunteer. Council may discontinue an activity or the services of a volunteer at any time without notice. Variation Council reserves the right to review, vary or revoke any of the above conditions of engagement.