Community Safety



Council is committed to working in partnership with residents, police, community organisations, the business community, and state and federal governments to ensure the Wollondilly Shire is a safe and welcoming place to live, work and visit.

Alcohol Free Zones

What is an alcohol-free zone?

An alcohol- free zone is an area where it is illegal to consume alcohol 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Any person seen drinking in an alcohol- free zone may have the alcohol in their possession immediately seized and tipped out or otherwise disposed of by Police.  Once established each alcohol- free zone is in place for a maximum of four years.

Wollondilly Shire Council uses alcohol- free zones in some areas to prevent street drinking and improve public safety. The zones minimise the chances of disorderly behaviour and alcohol related crime on the streets. These zones are part of a program to discourage irresponsible alcohol consumption that involves the Wollondilly Shire Council, NSW Police and the local community. 

To find out more about Alcohol Free Zones please see the fact sheet 

 Reporting Crime in the Shire

Reasons to report crime:

  • A safer community
  • Police and the community working together
  • Removing criminals from circulation
  • A community that's active in protecting itself
  • Raised community awareness

There are a variety of ways in which you can now report a crime in the community:

1. Triple 000

You should only call Triple Zero (000) in a life threatening or time critical emergency. 

 2. Crime stoppers 1800 333 000

Crime Stoppers operate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and allows members of the community to anonymously report criminal activity or suspicious activity. The information you provide may be the vital missing piece the police need to make an arrest. 

You can report:

  • People wanted by police
  • Unsolved crimes and future crime that is being planned
  • People you know who have committed criminal offences where they have not been arrested
  • Suspicious or unusual activity

 3. Police Assistance Line (PAL) 131 444

If you are a victim of a crime, other than life threatening or time critical emergency situations, you should contact the NSW Police Assistance Line. 

PAL allows you to report crime over the phone. Once you report is completed by a customer service representative, your information is immediately available to you local Police. When a Police response is required, PAL will arrange for Police officers to attend. PAL can also assist you with general Police inquiries. 

 4. Community Portal 

The NSW Police Force Community Portal is an online reporting system for the community which is easy to use, confidential and always secure.

Where no emergency exists and immediate investigation by a Police officer is not necessary, registered community members can now create online reports such a property, intentional damage or graffiti and theft, in their own time anywhere where internet connection is present. (You will need a Services NSW ID number to log into the portal)

5. Local Police Stations:

Narellan Police Station 02 4632 4499

Campbelltown Police Station 02 4620 1199

St. Mary’s Police Station 02 9677 7499