The Annual Financial Assistance Program provides specific funding to nominated community events and programs that are conducted on an annual basis. The program also assists community owned halls through the provision of a rate subsidy and local schools through a Mayoral School Citizenship Award.
Only those organisations identified and nominated each year by Council are eligible to receive funding under this program.
To be eligible for funding an organisation must:
- Be a not for profit community organisation
- Be an incorporated body or be auspiced (sponsored) by an incorporated body
- Be a local Primary or Secondary School (Citizenship Award)
- Provide significant benefit to the Wollondilly Local Government Area
- Offer an annual event, project or service in the Wollondilly Local Government, and
- Have no outstanding debts to Council,
Events, programs and activities must demonstrate linkages to the Community Strategic Plan outcomes and strategies. Funding will be provided on the merit of the project, event or activity and its projected outcomes.
Annual Assistance Categories
Mayoral School Citizenship Award
To acknowledge good citizenship by students attending schools within the Wollondilly Local Government Area. All schools will receive $200 and a certificate for the successful student/s.
Annual Community Event
To support significant community events held each year to celebrate various themes, occasions and celebrations.
Carols by Candlelight Event - Up to $500 maximum
To support annual community events held in each of the three Council Wards to celebrate Christmas.
Community owned hall Rates Subsidy
To provide financial relief to community owned halls to ensure they remain open to the general community.
Award or Scholarship
To support the recognition of high achievement by community members across a range of education, work and community activities.
To provide assistance to significant community based organisations that benefit the local community.
Events, activities and programs will be assessed against the following criteria:
- Eligibility for financial assistance program
- Demonstrates clear linkages to Council’s Community Strategic Plan
- Demonstrates a strong community development aspect that involves and benefits the broader community through participation or access
- Reflects and enhances Wollondilly’s sense of place and local identity
- Attracts broad or new participation from local residents
- Uses an innovative approach to the proposed project
- Can be completed in the financial year specified in the application
- Can be achievable within the planned budget
Conditions of Annual Assistance
Recipients of Annual Assistance are required to undertake an acquittal process each year and provide Council with:
- Information on how the financial assistance was spent
- Membership / Participation rates
- An evaluation of the event, activity or program
- Copies of any promotional material and media material.
- Copies of photographs of Mayor or Councillor involvement in the event or activity
- Provide details of Council’s acknowledgement of support within the community
Funding will only be paid against a recipient created Tax Invoice inclusive of any GST by way of a direct deposit or cheque.
Applications are accepted for Carols by Candlelight and Rates Subsidy Assistance by community based organisations and church groups. Eligible organisations under each category will be identified and recommended annually based on the completion of successful events or activities in the previous year.
Recommendations will be presented to Councillors at a workshop in April and then go to the May Council meeting for approval and consideration in the next financial year’s budget.
Council will consider funding allocations in line with its operational plan objectives and overall annual budget.
Potential applicants need to complete the Annual Assistance Program Application and return to Council.
Council's Community Projects and Events Team Leader on 4677 1100 or firstname.lastname@example.org