The Young Carers Grant Program aims to reduce barriers to education and increase social inclusion for young carers in Wollondilly aged 12-18. One off grants of up to $1000 are available to young people living in Wollondilly for technology, social activities or educational expenses that help address the aims of the grant. Expenses can include but are not limited to individual educational tuition, Ipads, laptops, gym membership, dance classes and text books.
- live in Wollondilly
- be aged 12-18
- have caring responsibilities that impact their educational or social outcomes
- engaged in educational study such as high school or tertiary education provider such as TAFE
- require assistance to improve their educational attainment or social inclusion
- have evidence of caring responsibilities such as a letter or certificate from GP outlining illness or disability of the person being cared for
- have proof of citizenship or permanent residency
- have proof of age and identity (proof of age card, Birth Certificate or Driver’s License)
Successful applicants will receive their requested technology, or vouchers for an activity, not a cash grant.
*Helping care for a person or people, who are experiencing; a disability, a mental health condition, an addiction problem, a chronic illness or is frail aged. Young Carers often provide emotional and physical support to their care recipient. They may complete tasks which the care recipient would otherwise complete individually such as personal care, cleaning, assisting with medications, or keeping them company (Young Carers NSW).
Lodging an Application
You must submit your application form by 5pm on 9 March 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information may be requested to support your application.
If you require access to a computer or assistance in completing your application please visit Wollondilly Library during open hours. You can also download a copy of the application form here.
1. Applications close - 9 March 2020
2. Assessment by independent panel - 11 March 2020
3. Request for verification (proof of identity, citizenship or permanent residency, proof of caring, proof of education attendance if required) - 11 March 2020 to 25 March 2020
4. Successful candidates notified - 1 April 2020
5. Distribution of items - After successful notification
Successful applicants will receive their requested items or vouchers for an activity, not a cash grant.
Items requested must be through a registered business and must comply with Councils payment Terms and Conditions.
Any illegal or age inappropriate item or activities will be excluded.
Contact Council’s Community Projects Officer (Youth) for further information on 4677 1100 or email@example.com