Council is now accepting applications from local church and community groups who are planning Christmas themed activities or Carols by Candlelight events in 2020.
Funding of up to $500 is available to eligible groups to assist with the associated costs of hosting a Christmas activity in Wollondilly which could include small infrastructure projects such as the installation of Christmas lights & decorations or holding Christmas Carols.
Organisations are encouraged to partner together to create larger events in towns and villages across the Shire, which will be considered favourably.
To be eligible for funding an organisation must:
- Be not for profit
- Be an incorporated body or be auspiced (sponsored) by an incorporated body
- Be a local Primary or Secondary School (Citizenship Award)
- Provide significant benefit to the Wollondilly LGA
- Offer an annual event or project in the Wollondilly LGA, and
- Have no outstanding debts to Council
- Be identified by Council for annual funding allocation
Applicants must demonstrate linkages to the Community Strategic Plan Outcomes and Strategies.
Recipients of Annual Assistance shall undertake an acquittal process each year and provide Council with:
- Information on how the financial assistance was spent
- Membership / Participation rates
- An evaluation of the event or activity
- Copies of any promotional material and media material.
- Copies of photographs of Mayor or Councilor involvement in the event or activity
- Provide details of Council’s acknowledgement
Contact Council’s Community Project & Events Team Leader for any assistance in completing your application on (02) 4677 9611 or email@example.com.