Wollondilly Shire Council is offering seed grants to support community organisations and groups to hold inclusive community activities or projects inside the Wollondilly Shire from November 2020 through to March 2021 or (if possible) around International Day of People with Disability (IDPwD) on 3 December 2020. IDPwD is a United Nations sanctioned day that is celebrated internationally. Activities or projects should celebrate people with disability and raise awareness of the importance of welcoming, accessible and inclusive communities.
Who can apply?
- Incorporated, not-for-profit, non-government organisations
- Un-incorporated organisations or community groups, applying through the auspice of an incorporated body or a local government authority.
Who cannot apply?
- Federal or state agencies
- Commercial for-profit organisations
- Unincorporated not-for-profit community sector organisations (unless applying through an incorporated body or a local government authority)
Grant applicants must demonstrate that the project/activity will:
- Be held between the period of November 2020 to March 2021 or around IDPwD (3 December 2020).
- Held within the Wollondilly Local Government Area
- Celebrate people with disability and raise awareness of the importance of access and inclusion across the community
- Be inclusive and accessible - Be open to the community.
- The activity or project aligns with Wollondilly Shire Councils demonstrated values to the Disability Inclusion Action Plan
Note: To guarantee that your application can proceed to the assessment phase, please ensure that you have addressed each of the above eligibility criteria in the Grant Application Form. Applications that have not addressed all of the criteria will not be assessed.
Council is offering up to $1000 in funding from a pool of $5000 for organisations/groups to deliver a range of community activities or projects which could include: Sporting activity, art, music, dance and other cultural activities, gardening workshops, technology workshops or an online event. Please be advised that all activities/projects will need to comply with current Covid Safe legislation and restrictions as well as provide a Covid Safe Plan with the grant application.
Applications open: Monday 17 August 2020
Applications close: 5.00pm Friday 9 October 2020
Notification of result: By 16 October 2020
How to Apply
Complete the online application form and upload all relevant documentation by no later than 5.00pm 9 October 2020.
If you require a hard or soft copy of the grant application or have any questions in relation the grants program please contact: Vickie Tierney, Community Projects Officer – Ageing and Disability
Phone: (02) 46779550
Assessment and Notification
All sections must be completed on the Grant Application Form so that the IDPwD Small Grants Panel can assess your application against the selection criteria. All applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of their application from 16 October 2020.
It is important to note that not every application that meets the criteria will necessarily receive a grant.
Terms and Conditions
Successful grant applicants must agree and abide by the following terms and conditions:
- The activity/project venue must be accessible to people of all abilities. (Visit IDPwD for tips and guidelines on how to hold an inclusive event)
- Include a Covid Safe plan for the project/activity
- The activity/project information will be published on Wollondilly Shire Councils website and other digital platforms
- Grant applicants must provide relevant public liability documentation to progress grant application
- Grant recipients must return the grant money back to Wollondilly Shire Council if the project/activity does not take place.
- All organisation will be provided with an acquittal form and required to submit to Council once activity/project has taken place.