Discover free Youth Employment Training and Support available to youth in the Dilly.
YAC were successful in receiving the Youth Opportunities Grant to offer free training for young people in the Wollondilly. This project will begin in September 2020.
There will be a series of workshops- both certified and skills based for young people at our local library which include:
- Responsible Service of Alcohol training (certified)
- Responsible Conduct of Gambling training (certified)
- Barista Skills training (certified)
- Customer Service skills training (certified)
- Resume writing workshops
- Interview skills workshops
The certified courses will be provided by a registered training provider and the other skills training will be provided by our Youth Advisory Committee.To compliment these workshops the committee is planning:
- To provide free printing cards for young people to enable them to complete their resumes
- To provide a borrowed clothing rack at the library for young people that need something formal for an interview
- To provide a PO Box mailbox for young people that may not have a fixed address
- To provide a number of after-hours study supports for young people at the library
- To provide information on positive mental health through fitness and wellness workshops
Stay up to Date
Want to stay up to date with info on the training and workshops? Then register your email and we will send you notifications when they are happening. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org or follow us on Facebook and Instagram.