Disposal of Fire Impacted Waste
If you live in Wollondilly Shire and the RFS has identified your property as being affected by the Green Wattle Creek Bushfire, you will receive a letter from Council in the coming days outlining your options for free disposal of burnt or water damaged items.
- This is for general items only, not large-scale demolition items
- Contact your insurer before removing items from your property
- This service will be available until 28 February.
For more information please contact Council on 4677 1100.
The NSW Government Public Works Advisory is also providing support for the clean-up and removal of bushfire debris from residences and immediately adjacent outhouses.
Public Works Advisory Line: 1800 88 55 39.
Spoiled Food Drop-Off
Residents who have returned to fire-affected areas to find a power outage has caused their refrigerated food to spoil, you are able to drop this food waste free of charge at:
- Bargo Waste Management Centre
Open 7 days (except Christmas Day) from 8:30am – 4:15pm (this will be available until 28 February)
Call 0419 490 599
- Remondis Picton Transfer Station on Wonga Road, Picton
Open 7:00am – 4:00pm until 12 January (closed 25-29 December and January 1)
Call 4677 9900
For more information call Council at 4677 1100.