The purpose of the Mayor’s Relief Fund Flood Appeal 2020 is to support individuals or households who have been impacted by the Flood Event. Additional funding rounds may occur following closure of the Flood Appeal.
The following criteria apply to all applications:
1. The applicant is a resident of the Wollondilly Local Government Area.
2. The applicant resides within the flood impact zone, or is significantly affected by other issues as a result of the flood.
3. The event or requirement for funds is for a situation of reasonably demonstrated financial hardship due to the Flood Event.
4. The applicant has reasonably demonstrated they have first exhausted general sources of finance, such as insurance and
other grant funding.
5. Grants will only be one-off up to a maximum of $5,000 per residential address, and all applications in excess of $500
must have proof of cost.
6. Each grant will be dealt with on an individual basis to allow for flexibility.
7. Applicants must provide proof of identity and residential address.
8. Cash payment will not be provided. Payments will be made by Direct Deposit (EFT) only.
How to apply:
• Applications open Monday 10 February 2020 and will close at a date to be determined by Wollondilly Shire Council.
• Complete the application form.
• Attach additional information, evidence including photos media clips
• Attach proof of cost – must be dated on or after 9 February 2020. Proof may include receipts, quotes or utilities accounts.
• Completed applications with additional documents must be: hand delivered, e-mailed or mailed to:
Wollondilly Shire Council Mayor’s Relief Fund
62-64 Menangle Street
PO Box 21, PICTON NSW 2571
E- mail: firstname.lastname@example.org