Bargo Waste Management Centre is open for all Wollondilly Shire Council residents to dispose of waste items such as tyres, car batteries and scrap metal.
Download the 2020/21 Bargo Waste Management Centre Brochure.
Bargo Waste Management Centre has implemented measures which are aimed at protecting the health and safety of our customers and staff from COVID-19. Please abide with all measures and we thank you for your co-operation and patience.
Bargo Waste Management Centre on 0419 490 599 or email@example.com.
Open 7 days, excluding Christmas Day and Good Friday
8.30am - 4.15pm
NOTE: Wet and windy weather can affect the centre operations and cause an unsafe environment for customers and staff. Contact Bargo Waste Management Centre to confirm possible closures on wet and windy days.
Anthony Road, Bargo
Download the 2020/21 weighbridge fees & charges.
EFTPOS only. Cash payments are no longer accepted at Bargo Waste Management Centre.
The residential charge is applicable to all waste in the following circumstance:
1) Generated as a result of people living in a residential property which includes the general clean-up of household items or general household maintenance. This does not include materials generated as a result of large scale renovations or demolition.
The commercial charge is applicable to all waste in which the following circumstances apply:
1) Generated as a result of a person or business entity buying, selling or exchanging goods or services at a residential or commercial property located within the Wollondilly Shire Local Government Area. Examples include but are not limited to renovations, replacing materials or items or gardening/lawn mowing service.
2) Generated as part of the operation of a commercial, industrial, rural or residential property operating an authorised business within the Wollondilly Shire Local Government Area.
Free Drop Off
Some items require no drop off fee when separated and placed into the correct recycling station.
These items are:
- Scrap metal
- Polystyrene (must be clean)
- Car batteries
- Motor oil (20L limit)
- Electronic waste - read the accepted e-waste brochure to confirm what items can be disposed.
- Co-mingled recyclables - e.g. plastic or glass containers.
- DrumMuster drums - read the DrumMuster fact sheet to find out what containers are accepted.
Waste generated from outside of the Wollondilly Shire boundaries cannot be lawfully transported to, or deposited, at these facilities. A maximum penalty exceeds $115,000 for individuals and $240,000 for corporations.
Terms and Conditions of Entry
View the terms and conditions of entry for Bargo Waste Management Centre.
Printed copies of the terms and conditions can also be obtained from staff at Bargo Waste Management Centre.
Other Waste Information
Pollution Incident Response Management Plan
Pollution Incident Response Management Plan's (PIRMP) are required in order to outline what procedures are in place to minimise the effect of pollution. You can read Bargo Waste Management Centre's 2020 PIRMP here.
Council has Environment Protection Licences for the following landfills:
- Bargo Waste Management Centre EPA Licence Number 6061
- Warragamba Waste Management Centre EPA Licence Number 6062 - Closed
These licences nominate quarterly and annual sampling at a number of sampling points.
To read more about these licences, head to our EPA Licensing page.
The previous Warragamba Landfill site has now completed rehabilitation works. To view the rehabilitation works and ongoing plan for the site visit our Warragamba Rehabilitation page.
Other Waste Management Facilities
The Penrith Waste Management Centre is available for the disposal of waste and recyclable materials. This facility is not managed by Wollondilly Shire Council, and is located in the Penrith City Local Government Area.
842 Mulgoa Road, Mulgoa
Mon - Fri 7am - 2:45pm
Sat 7:30am - 2:45pm
Sunday & Public Holidays CLOSED
Phone: (02) 4773 8778
For details regarding materials accepted and fees and charges at this facility, please contact Penrith Waste Management Centre on (02) 4773 8778.
The Spring Farm Resource Recovery Park is operated by SUEZ at their Spring Farm site.
Richardson Road, Narellan
Monday to Friday: 6am to 4pm
Saturday & Sunday: 8am to 4pm
Phone: 1300 651 116
The facilities at the Spring Farm site processes recyclables, organics and mixed household waste from the Campbelltown, Camden, Wollondilly and Wingecarribee council areas. The aim of the Park is to process all of these Councils' waste streams at a single location, using technologies that maximise the recovery of resources from the waste.
The only materials that will be generally leaving the Park will be those materials being sold for re-use or recycling. For more details regarding the Spring Farm Resource Recovery Park or waste disposal charges check out the SUEZ website.