Under the Local Government Act 1993, Councils are required to prepare Plans of Management for all community land owned by Council. Plans of Management are essential management tools which:
- Are written by Council in consultation with the community;
- Identify the important features of the land;
- Clarify how Council will manage the land; and in particular
- Indicate how the land may be used or developed (e.g. leasing).
The preparation of Plans of Management for Council owned community land is something that Council is continuing to work on.
Currently our adopted Plans of Management are:
- Generic Plan of Management Sportsground
- Plan of Management for Tahmoor Community Centre
- Plan of Management for Former Warragamba Waste Management Centre & Bushland Reserve
- Plan of Management for Picton Pool
- Plan of Management Wollondilly Sportsgrounds & Reserves (applies only to Wollondilly Pony Club/Riding for the Disabled and Wonga Road Reserve as sportsgrounds now covered under the Generic Plan of Management for Sportsgrounds)
- Plan of Management for Appin Park
- Plan of Management for Parks at Appin (William Woods Park, Elizabeth Park and the proposed linear park on land adjoining Appin Road)
- Plan of Management for Appin Watercourse Church Street Drainage Reserve
- Plan of Management for Urban Bushland Reserve at Appin (small parcel in Kennedy Street, Appin)
- Plan of Management for Appin Foreshore land (two small parcels adjoining the Georges River)
- Plan of Management for Parks at Warragamba and Silverdale
- Plan of Management for Warragamba Town Hall
- Plan of Management for Warragamba-Silverdale Neighbourhood Centre and Elder Care Cottage
- Plan of Management for Scotchey’s Creek Reserve, Silverdale.