We'd Love Your Feedback!
We are looking for feedback on how to improve the way we communicate information about the Dilly Wanderer service. The feedback you provide will help us deliver that information. Complete the survey now!
- About the Dilly Wanderer
- Meet Candice (Candy)
- 2021 Dilly Wanderer Schedule
- Free Child Development Information Sessions
- Pop-up Storytime
- Follow Us
- Colouring Page Downloads
The Dilly Wanderer brings child development activities and interactive learning & play to Children in the Wollondilly. The project is funded by the Department of Communities and Justice.
The Dilly Wanderer is a free mobile community information service run throughout Wollondilly Shire and visits 12 out of the 17 villages. It’s a great way to meet new people, participate in children’s activities and find out more about local services with the children’s activities and toys being the soft entry point. The Dilly Wanderer supports young families, single parents, Aboriginal families and local communities.
The Dilly Wanderer is part of the Targeted Early Intervention (TEI) Framework which has a primary focus working with children from 0-5yrs for early intervention and child development activities.
The Dilly Wanderer offers:
- a safe and fun environment
- development activities, information, activities, craft and guest speakers
- local services to jump “On Board” to promote their service
- culturally appropriate services and works closely with Aboriginal families and communities
- story time from Library staff
- extra fun activities from Children’s Services Staff
- referral pathways, information and resources for local services
- parents have the opportunity to chat with the program facilitator and connect with other families from their local community
See below for the Dilly Wanderer's 2021 schedule.
Candy has operated The Dilly Wanderer since 2014. Candy has strong ties to Wollondilly having grown up in the region. Candy has a Working with Children Check and First Aid certificate.
"I love my job. It gets me out and about in the Community and I get to meet so many new people"
The Dilly Wanderer operates from 9.00am - 11.00am each session and continues through the school holiday. To find out when the Dilly Wanderer is near you, see the calendar below.
Download the Dilly Wanderer Schedule 2021.
Would you like to enhance your parenting skills, have questions about your child's development or meet other parents from your area?
Join The Wollondilly Health Alliance in Warragamba for free information sessions on a range of topics.
All sessions will be held from 9.00am - 11.00am.
Sessions at the Picton RSL Memorial Park:
- 23 June 2021 - Parenting Strategies
Sessions at Buxton Hall (23 West Parade):
- 11 August 2021 - Ages & Stages (Child Development)
- 8 September 2021 - Accessing Allied Health
- 13 October 2021 - Healthy Eating for Families
- 10 November 2021 - Parenting Strategies
Register Your Interest
To register your interest please call the Wollondilly Health Alliance on 0429 439 504 or email the Dilly Wanderer.
Download the Buxton Information Sessions Flyer.
The pop up “story time” is a creative way for the Wollondilly Library to reach out to our wider community.
The Pop-up Storytime Session:
- promotes literacy, language and speech through engagement with appropriate based reading material and songs
- enhances fine motor and hand/eye coordination by implementing puppets and finger rhythms
- builds our community engagement and supports the future generation’s literacy and language
Renee operates The Wollondilly Mobile Library and assists with The Dilly Wanderer. Renee has strong connection to the Wollondilly having grown up here. Renee has a Working with Children Check and First Aid certificate.
"I am extremely fortunate to have such an amazing job in my local Community, I love to promote books and the library while engaging with my Community"
Download the Pop-up Storytime Schedule.
Join Renee and the Dilly Wanderer from 10.00am on these days:
- Chisolm Street Park, Bingara Gorge 21 June, 5 August, 2 September, 7 October, 4 November, 2 December 2021
- Telopea Park East Parade, Buxton 14 July, 11 August, 8 September, 13 October, 10 November, 8 December 2021
- Tharawal (TLALC) West Parade, Couridjah 21 June, 19 July, 16 August, 18 October, 15 November 2021
- Civic Park, Warragamba 24 June, 22 July, 26 August, 28 October, 25 November 2021
TAFE NSW 'Keep Up' Workshops
TAFE NSW will be holding 'Keep Up' Workshops at Buxton Community Hall during August. The workshops will provide information on the development of children and how to successfully meet milestones through play.
For further information download the 'Keep Up' Workshops Flyer.
To participate, please complete the Registration Form.
For any further details please contact Candice on 04 0821 9393 or email email@example.com