Dilly Wanderer is back on the road for 2022!
Check out the latest calendar for a location near you.
Look forward to seeing you all!
We'd Love Your Feedback!
We are looking for feedback on how to improve the way we communicate information about the Dilly Wanderer service. The feedback you provide will help us deliver that information. Complete the survey now!
- About the Dilly Wanderer
- Meet Candice (Candy)
- 2022 Dilly Wanderer schedule
- Free Child Development Information Sessions
- Pop-up Storytime
- Follow Us
- Colouring Page Downloads
The Dilly Wanderer brings child development activities and interactive learning & play to Children in the Wollondilly. The project is funded by the Department of Communities and Justice.
The Dilly Wanderer is a Free mobile community information service run throughout Wollondilly Shire and visits 12 out of the 17 villages. It’s a great way to meet new people, participate in children’s activities and find out more about local services with the children’s activities and toys being the soft entry point. The Dilly Wanderer supports young families, single parents, Aboriginal families and local communities.
The Dilly Wanderer is part of the Targeted Early Intervention (TEI) Framework which has a primary focus working with children from 0-5yrs for early intervention and child development activities.
The Dilly Wanderer offers:
- A safe and fun environment
- Development activities, information, activities, craft and guest speakers
- Local services to jump “On Board” to promote their service
- Culturally appropriate services and works closely with Aboriginal families and communities
- Story time from Library staff
- Extra fun activities from Children’s Services Staff
- Referral pathways, information and resources for local services
- Parents have the opportunity to chat with the program facilitator and connect with other families from their local community
Candy has operated The Dilly Wanderer since 2014. Candy has strong ties to Wollondilly having grown up in the region. Candy has a Working with Children Check and First Aid certificate.
"I love my job. It gets me out and about in the Community and I get to meet so many new people"
2022 Dilly Wanderer Schedule
Due to the COVID-19 lockdown, the Child Development Sessions have been rescheduled for 2022
About the Child Information Sessions
Would you like to enhance your parenting skills, have questions about your child's development or meet other parents from your area?
Join us along with guest speakers in Thirlmere for free information sessions on a range of topics.
Download the Child Development session 2022 flyer
Register Your Interest
To register your interest please call the Dilly Wanderer on 0408219393 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the COVID-19 lockdown, the Pop-up Storytime Sessions will be back up and running alongside the Dilly Wanderer in the New year 2022
Download the Pop Up Storytime 2022 flyer
About the Storytime Sessions
The pop up “story time” is a creative way for the Wollondilly Library to reach out to our wider community.
The Pop-up Storytime Session:
- Promotes literacy, language and speech through engagement with appropriate based reading material and songs
- Enhances fine motor and hand/eye coordination by implementing puppets and finger rhythms
- Builds our community engagement and supports the future generation’s literacy and language
Renee operates The Wollondilly Mobile Library and assists with The Dilly Wanderer. Renee has strong connection to the Wollondilly having grown up here. Renee has a Working with Children Check and First Aid certificate.
"I am extremely fortunate to have such an amazing job in my local Community, I love to promote books and the library while engaging with my Community"
TAFE NSW 'Keep Up' Workshops
TAFE NSW will be rescheduling these workshops for the new year 2022
'Keep Up' Workshops at Buxton Community Hall
The workshops will provide information on the development of children and how to successfully meet milestones through play.
Download the Keep Up workshop 2022 Flyer
Looking for creative ideas during isolation, school holidays?
For any further details please contact Candice on 04 0821 9393 or email email@example.com.