Due to the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown, the Dilly Wanderer, Child Development Sessions & Story Time Pop-Up will not be operating until further notice.
We'd Love Your Feedback!
We are looking for feedback on how to improve the way we communicate information about the Dilly Wanderer service. The feedback you provide will help us deliver that information. Complete the survey now!
- About the Dilly Wanderer
- Meet Candice (Candy)
- 2021 Dilly Wanderer Schedule
- Free Child Development Information Sessions
- Pop-up Storytime
- Follow Us
- Colouring Page Downloads
The Dilly Wanderer brings child development activities and interactive learning & play to Children in the Wollondilly. The project is funded by the Department of Communities and Justice.
The Dilly Wanderer is a free mobile community information service run throughout Wollondilly Shire and visits 12 out of the 17 villages. It’s a great way to meet new people, participate in children’s activities and find out more about local services with the children’s activities and toys being the soft entry point. The Dilly Wanderer supports young families, single parents, Aboriginal families and local communities.
The Dilly Wanderer is part of the Targeted Early Intervention (TEI) Framework which has a primary focus working with children from 0-5yrs for early intervention and child development activities.
The Dilly Wanderer offers:
- a safe and fun environment
- development activities, information, activities, craft and guest speakers
- local services to jump “On Board” to promote their service
- culturally appropriate services and works closely with Aboriginal families and communities
- story time from Library staff
- extra fun activities from Children’s Services Staff
- referral pathways, information and resources for local services
- parents have the opportunity to chat with the program facilitator and connect with other families from their local community
See below for the Dilly Wanderer's 2021 schedule.
Candy has operated The Dilly Wanderer since 2014. Candy has strong ties to Wollondilly having grown up in the region. Candy has a Working with Children Check and First Aid certificate.
"I love my job. It gets me out and about in the Community and I get to meet so many new people"
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown, the Child Development Sessions will not be operating until further notice.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown, the Child Development Sessions will not be operating until further notice. You can still register your interest below.
About the Child Information Sessions
Would you like to enhance your parenting skills, have questions about your child's development or meet other parents from your area?
Join The Wollondilly Health Alliance in Warragamba for free information sessions on a range of topics.
Register Your Interest
To register your interest please call the Wollondilly Health Alliance on 0429 439 504 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 lockdown, the Pop-up Storytime Sessions will not be operating until further notice.
About the Child Information Sessions
The pop up “story time” is a creative way for the Wollondilly Library to reach out to our wider community.
The Pop-up Storytime Session:
- promotes literacy, language and speech through engagement with appropriate based reading material and songs
- enhances fine motor and hand/eye coordination by implementing puppets and finger rhythms
- builds our community engagement and supports the future generation’s literacy and language
Renee operates The Wollondilly Mobile Library and assists with The Dilly Wanderer. Renee has strong connection to the Wollondilly having grown up here. Renee has a Working with Children Check and First Aid certificate.
"I am extremely fortunate to have such an amazing job in my local Community, I love to promote books and the library while engaging with my Community"
TAFE NSW 'Keep Up' Workshops
TAFE NSW will be holding 'Keep Up' Workshops at Buxton Community Hall during October. The workshops will provide information on the development of children and how to successfully meet milestones through play.
Time and Days
All workshops run from 9:00am – 11:00am
- Workshop 1: Developmental Domains - Wednesday 6 October 2021
- Workshop 2: Developmental Milestones through play 0 - 18 months – Wednesday 13 October 2021
- Workshop 3: Developmental Milestones through play 18 months - 3 years – Wednesday 20 October 2021
- Workshop 4: Developmental Milestones through play 3-5years – Wednesday 27 October 2021
For further information download the 'Keep Up' Workshops Flyer.
To participate, please complete the Registration Form.
For any further details please contact Candice on 04 0821 9393 or email email@example.com.