Access to Information

Wollondilly Shire Council is championing Privacy Awareness Week NSW 2020!

Wollondilly Shire Council is proud to support Privacy Awareness Week NSW (PAW), which takes place from 4 – 10 May 2020. PAW’s theme this year is Prevent, Detect and Protect and involves both public sector agencies and citizens in improving understanding and awareness of NSW privacy legislation, and raises awareness of a person’s privacy rights and agency obligations.

Each individual has a right to privacy, and you have a right to access and amend your personal and health information held by NSW government agencies.

The Information and Privacy Commission NSW (IPC) administers privacy legislation in NSW, the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998 (PPIP Act) and the Health Records and Information Privacy Act 2002 (HRIP Act). Learn about privacy laws in NSW and how to protect your personal information and assert your rights. They can also assist you, should you have a complaint about a NSW government agency’s conduct or handling of your personal information.  
For more information about NSW privacy legislation, or see what’s on during the Privacy Awareness Week NSW 2020 webpage here.


Applications for information Council holds are dealt with under the provisions of the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009 (the GIPA Act).  The Information Privacy Commission (IPC) is the administrative agency for the Office of the Information Commissioner and the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.  You can find out more about your right to information and ways to gain access to NSW Government and Council information by viewing the Information and Privacy Commission website

Accessing Council Information - GIPAA

Council's Access to Information Guidelines sets out the ways in which government information is available under the GIPA Act and what steps you need to take to access this information.

Accessing Personal Information

You have the right to access your personal information under section 14 of the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.

Council Contracts Register

In accordance with Section 27 of the GIPA Act, Council is required to maintain a register that records information about each government contract which has (or is likely to have) a value of $150,000 or more*.

Accessing Adjoining Property Information

Applications can be made to Council to provide adjoining property ownership details for the following reasons only:

Disclosures Log

In addition to open access information Council has an obligation to keep a record called a Disclosure Log.

Council Interest in Land

In accordance with Section 53 of the Local Government Act 1993 No 30, Council is required to maintain a register of all land vested in it or under its control.

Council Registers

Council is required to keep certain registers as outlined in Schedule 1 Additional open access information of the GIPA Act Regulation 2009.

Graffiti Register

Council's register of graffiti removal work records the work carried out by Council under the Graffiti Control Act 2008.

Information Guide

The Wollondilly Shire Council - Information Guide 2019 is available. You can also pick up a copy from Council's Administration Building during business hours.

State Issues and Briefing Papers

Here are Council's Issues and Briefing Papers in relation to some current State Government topics