Work Experience

View from Warragamba Lookout

Wollondilly Shire Council provides opportunities to support the community to gain work experience for career development when possible.

We receive a large number of requests for work experience, so our work experience opportunities are aimed mainly at students currently studying.

Work experience opportunities are available in the following areas of Council:

  • Administration
  • Animal Holding Facility
  • Building Approvals
  • Surveying
  • Business Administration
  • Child Care
  • Civil Construction
  • Customer Service
  • Environmental Health
  • Events
  • Finance
  • Horticulture
  • Human Resources
  • Information Technology
  • Library Services
  • Mechanics
  • Town Planning
  • Waste

Availability of work experience opportunities are based on the relevant Departments operational requirements at the time.


You can apply for a Work Experience Opportunity with Council if:

  • You are currently studying at one of the following educational institutions High School, TAFE, University or College
  • Can provide appropriate insurance coverage (Public Liability and Personal Injury Insurance) from your place of study

Additional requirements for specific Council service areas may also apply.


To ensure Council has sufficient time to arrange work experience opportunities, please provide as much notice as possible.

Applications should be made in writing to and include the following information:

  • Name
  • Place of Study
  • Contact Details - Phone number and email
  • Type of Placement - Include details of what you want to learn and undertake during your work experience placement
  • Length of Placement
  • Requested Dates of Placement
  • Personal Availability
  • Insurance Coverage Details
  • Any Other Relevant Information - Such as any requirements for reasonable adjustments to the workplace

Please Note:

Early Childhood Education applicants must provide Working With Children Check documentation if over the age of 18.

A Work Health Safety (WHS) White Card must be provided for all outdoor related work experience.


Council's Employee Relations Team on 4677 1100 or