Request For Tender - New Rural Fire Service Building & Associated Works Principal Contractor
Closes: 21/05/2021 4:00pm
Request for Tender 2021/07
This Tender is for the construction of a new Rural Fire Service building and associated works.
Wollondilly Council (the Principal) is seeking Tenders from appropriately qualified, licensed and experienced Tenderers only for the procurement of the works and services above.
Wollondilly Shire council currently envisages, without committing itself to do so, awarding the Contract for the provision of the Works to a single Tenderer.
Scope of Work
The Contract scope of works is detailed on the drawings and specifications and schedules and is listed below but not limited to;
- Provide documentation for CC and other required permits to start works in compliance with Conditions of DA Consent, BCA requirements and any other required legislation or regulation
- Application of connection to all services at the earliest availability (water, sewer, drainage, power, phone / NBN)
- Coordinate all Authority, PCA and Engineers visits to site and for inspections and approvals. Request in advance
- Protection of trees or other elements needed if required
- Confirm on site the location of services, potential risks and actions to avoid
- Installation of temporary fence or hoarding system as per DA condition 6.
- Installation of temporary construction workers areas, toilets, offices as required
- Clear site and removal of shrubs or trees as required
- Excavation of the site. Control of stormwater and services during construction
- Survey and set out site and levels.
- Provide all underground services, foundations, retaining walls as required
- Provide all concrete slabs, pavements and drive way.
- New metal frame building structure with some metal cladding and some brickwork façade, windows, with a metal roof with some skylights.
- External landscaping (hard and soft).
- New roof plumbing, external drainage and stormwater connections.
- New mains power connection.
- New NBN connection.
- New water, sewer and stormwater connections.
- New internal fitout to create offices, multipurpose room, kitchen and amenities, including plasterboard wall linings ceilings and floor coverings.
- New fencing.
- Two new large roller doors for the engine bay.
- New electrical / IT / AV works throughout as detailed on the drawings and specification.
- New mechanical works throughout as detailed on the drawings and specification.
- New hydraulics to the kitchen and amenities as per the drawings and specification.
- New kitchen as detailed on the drawings and specification, including appliances.
- Carry out all temporary works required to complete the full scope of works including temp power.
The new RFS building is to be located near the centre of Picton at 157-187 Menangle St, Picton 2571.
The Scope of works also includes the demolition and construction of a new Amenities block at Victoria Park Sports Ground Complex at 157-187 Menangle Street, Picton, NSW 2571. The scope of works for the Amenities block includes:
- Provide temporary fencing to secure the site.
- All DBYD survey’s to be carried out by successful contractor;
- All location of underground services to be completed by contractor;
- Isolate all services and carry out the demolition of the existing structure.
- Excavate for piers, footings and slab as per Plans and Engineers details;
- Allow time for Plumber and Electrician too rough in services and penetrations (if required);
- Supply and install all formwork as per plans and Engineers details;
- Place and tie steel as per plans and Engineers details;
- Pour and finish concrete as per plans and Engineers details;
- Saw cut slab as per plans and Engineers details;
- Backfill around slab using excess site spoil from excavation;
- Supply and install a physical termite barrier around slab; and
- Supply and install all new framing and roofing and roof plumbing as per the design.
- Prepare and install all new plumbing and drainage services to suit the new amenities block design including all specified fitting and fixtures
- Prepare and install all new electrical services to suit the new amenities block design including all specified lighting fitting and fixtures.
- Supply of all materials necessary to complete works;
- Supply, erection and dismantling of all scaffolding and associated safety measures required to complete the works (if required).
- Supply & lay block work as per plans using blocks listed below. Masonary blocks are to be “Baines Bushrock” split face 200 series.
- Install lintels, reinforcing, ties, flashing and hold-downs as per plans; and
- Supply and install all new doors and screens.
- Painting as per the design
- Clean and tidy the site at completion ready for use.
Tender documents may be obtained electronically via the tenderlink.com website.
The tender closing date is 4:00pm Friday 14 May 2021.