The Audit Risk Improvement Committee was established to provide Council with independent, objective assurance and consulting services, in order to add value and improve Council's operations. The committee is composed of two Councillors and three independent external members who have the ability to vote; along with a number of other Council officers who are non-voting members.
The Audit Committee meets quarterly with the flexibility to hold further meetings should the need arise.
Audit, Risk and Improvement Committee - Seeking Independent Representative
Wollondilly Shire Council is seeking expressions of interest from members of the public with appropriate legal or financial skills and experience in business, governance, accounting or management, to serve as an independent member of Council’s Audit, Risk & Improvement Committee (ARIC). We are seeking to fill one position.
The Committee will provide Council with independent assurance and assistance in the areas of risk, control, governance and external accountability. Members chosen to serve on the Committee exhibit an independence of mind in their deliberations and do not act as a representative of a particular area of the community or Council, or with conflicts of interest. Meeting preparation and attendance at (at least) four scheduled meetings is required each year. A standard fee is paid for attendance.
Expressions of interest can be emailed to email@example.com or addressed to the General Manager quoting “ARIC – Independent Member”, PO Box 21, PICTON NSW 2571. You should respond to each of the following key selection criteria and include a resume with details of relevant experience, professional qualifications, names and phone numbers of two referees who may be contacted.
Key Selection Criteria
- Independence and objectivity
- Demonstrated senior business or professional experience
- Understanding of the role of audit, both internal and external
- Understanding of enterprise risk management processes
- Familiarity with better governance and ethical practices
- Ability to bring better practice knowledge and add real value to Council through the application of analytical and strategic management skills
- Experience in dealing with government organisations and departments
- Knowledge of local government
For further information regarding the position please phone councils Principal Governance Officer on 4677 1100.
Expressions of interest should be received by 5pm on Monday 05/02/2018