Council maintains a number of off-leash areas for pet owners to enjoy:
- Picton - Picton Sportsground Fairleys Road, Picton. The off-leash are is located on the eastern side of the sportsground;
- Appin - Appin Park (Wonson Oval) at the corner of Appin Road and Market Street, Appin. The off-leash area is located in Eastern corner of the park;
- Bargo - Bargo Sportsground entry through Radnor Road, Bargo. The off-leash area is located at the western side of the sportsground;
- Tahmoor - Thirlmere Way, at the DNA BMX and Skate Park. It is in front of the BMX Section of the park.
- Thirlmere - Lin Gordon Reserve Oaks Road, Thirlmere. The off-leash area is located behind the public picnic area of the Reserve in the northern corner;
- Warragamba - Warragamba Sportsground on the Corner Warradale Road and Farnsworth Avenue, Warragamba. The off-leash area is located in the back eastern corner of the sportsground.
Signage is in place at all locations. Bins within these areas accept dog waste and officers do regular random patrols of these areas.